Saint Pete's Trail

Saint Pete's Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elverson, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Trail needs to be marked a little better.. We got of the path a couple of times.. lots of different trails... We will be going back.. Oh and it needs a restroom.. Going to check out the shops next time too..

This was the worst trail I've ever been on. The graffiti made me so sad. Not only were there penises and boobs drawn at least a dozen times, there were also racial quotes. It was appalling. Made me pretty upset. I wish people respected nature more. People respect nature more in rural South Carolina where I'm from. There aren't even racial slurs on trees there believe it or not.

Just to clarify some of the other reviews, which aren't specific to this trail. This trail is a loop, designated by blue trail markers with a yellow dot. The yellow trail markers are for an out and back trail, not the loop trail.

This was a fun trail in the fall. The parking lot for this trail is on Saint Peters Road, across from the West Hanover Winery (coordinates approximately 40.180170, -75.731318). The trail head from here is a small concrete foot bridge. Honestly, the hardest thing about this trail is figuring out where the heck it is - it's hard to sort legitimate blazes from graffiti, and there are several appealing trails that appear unmarked (I kinda think the actual Saint Pete's trail might be one of them). The yellow trail is actually Horseshoe Trail, I think, which is an out and back trail.

If you enter the trail at the footbridge and go left, you'll be heading south over rocks. Be careful as you move through these, and if you're uncomfortable with the rocky scramble, look uphill to your right and you'll find some easier terrain. Keep going south until you see yellow blazes - you want to follow them generally northwest or west (if you keep going south, you'll hit Ridge Road and probably want to double back). After about a third of a mile, the trail becomes quite easy and beautiful. I stopped to have breakfast on boulders at the meeting point of three trails, then continued on. You'll encounter a long, straight stretch that will eventually take you to Tryhall Road, where things will get confusing. This is at roughly the 1.75 mile mark, where the Alltrails map will tell you to hike a short ways down Tryhall Road to find a trail leading back the way you came. I couldn't find it, and I'm not sure it exists. The yellow blazes continue across the road - that's Horseshoe trail, which as I've said, is an out and back. However, following that trail a short distance across the road will take you to a lovely little pond.

From this point, I doubled back until I found an unmarked trail off to the left that followed a stream back to French Creek. This was a really lovely hike through some beautiful woods. It will feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, until you begin to spy the houses to your right. From there, just follow your nose back to French Creek and the parking lot.

If you'd like to hike with your dog, just stay off the rocks and proceed northwest from the parking lot instead of going south. If you have a skittish dog, try parking on the pull-off on Tryhall Road and taking the trail from there (I saw two people with dogs on that portion of the trail, and they were the only people I saw the whole time).

this was ok. wear bright colors during hunting seasons.

First time on this trial and I can't complain. I took what I assume was the blue path from the parking lot, past the painted boulders (a lot of fun to climb on) and continued onto the yellow trail. I walked for a bit over two hours before turning around and going back to the parking lot. Once you get past the boulders the terrain is less rocky and easy in my opinion but I wouldn't take my dog. Would definitely do this again.

Directions on the app lead you right to the trail head parking lot. I took the yellow trail and it was nice. I thought it was an easy trail, fairly flat. There are many points where the trail forks so I'm not sure if I took the yellow trail the entire time. A LOT of the rocks are painted. I sort of wish I had known that the park was known for this so I could of brought things to paint a rock. I brought my dog and he did great with all the boulders but if you have a dog that is skittish or not good with obstacles, I don't suggest bringing him/her because you won't be able to see some of the best parts.

The yellow marked trail has some good elevation and terrain. It's the better marked trail once you get all the large painted rocks.