Saint Pete's Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elverson, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Hiked after the rains. Agree that it was pretty muddy but watch for bees depending on the season. There were many small yellow jackets on the trail. Several of us were stung about 10 times in the vicinity of a nest in the ground. The next was barely visible and bees were. hard to tell they were bees. So just watch for these in late July and August. Trail was rocky but not difficult.

Hiked this after a storm last night. Wet & muddy, but that's why boots are made. Very nice hike, but the trails are poorly marked. Some signage would be great - Glad I had the All trails app). The bakery in St Peter's village is sweet (pun intended!).

It's not the hidden gem that it used to be but it's still a great place to hike. Most people stick to the lower area but if you're adventurous you can head up top and find an old quarry in the middle of the woods with a pretty cool overlook.

Trail would be nice if it weren’t for all the graffiti and litter. A decent amount of people were around, and we were the only ones that actually leashes our dog. It’s a shame that others had to ruin the nature.

Not well marked out starting off. Followed blue and then yellow trail markers.

Lots of mud and washed out paths.

My dog loved it.

Cool graffiti and scenery.

Overall ok but maybe go when it hasn’t rained in awhile.

Take time to walk through the little town. Super cute and fun picture spots.

I love this place because of the cute little shops you can visit and the big rocks that you can hop across on the river. There’s an abandoned railroad bridge that is gated off from the world which is disappointing.

walking up river via Boulder rock... stop and admire the hippy art work, place is full of good vibes

I wrote this same review for the trail under “St. Peter’s Village The Rocks Trail”: Living about 20 minutes away, this is my go to hiking spot. The terrain is easy to tackle with plenty of trails throughout the woods, and lots of interesting art to look at (Although some people frown upon it, the art is what makes St.Petes unique. There are plenty of other hiking spots in PA if the paintings spoil the hike for you!). As long as you keep a sense of direction towards the entrance, it will be hard to get lost. One of the most known features among regulars is “Mushroom rock” which is a rock formation shaped and painted like a mushroom. Every now and then people will come through and change the colors of the mushroom. Towards the front of St.Petes is a portion of French Creek littered with massive boulders that are fun to hop around on. Night runs are always my favorite, with the terrain being relatively safe to traverse. It can get busy during the warmer months, but is never crowded at night (Though you need to park down the road due to the gravel lot closing before dark). If youre in the area and looking for a quick, easy, and unique place to hike, St.Petes is worth checking out! (One last note: in the parking lot and towards the front of the woods there is no service. A 5 minute walk into the woods will fix this problem).

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Well they must have redone the trail markers, however, I'm not sure which color I was supposed to be following. I was on yellow until there was a fork in the road and it took me in the opposite direction.

Unfortunately for me, I entered the trail after about 7 horses. Normally I can see and avoid the massive pee and poop piles on the trail, but since there were so many, they had already stomped it all into the leaves, rocks and dirt. It was really enjoyable to hike with my small dogs through two miles of gross smelly terrain.

Upon speaking to locals, the horses are out every weekend, so it wasn't just a bad luck experience.

The only saving grace was the river at the end... which I took a wrong turn to come across.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Slightly boring.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

I had a great time on my recent outing. My only complaint is the trail markings. Tons of spray paint on the various rocks but the trail(s) aren't marked that well any longer. I will definitely go back because I'm adventurous but anybody that is looking for well marked trails beware.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Had a great time here with my son. My only complaint is that trails are poorly marked.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Sunday, June 04, 2017

I'm giving this trail 5 stars despite the fact that it was impossible to actually find signs or markers designating the trail, because it was so fun and beautiful. Travel through town and park in the parking lot at the end of town by the empty white building. Three trails branch off over the bridge and behind the white building. This point is obvious. Beyond that, it's unclear which path is what trail. The left and right trail take you along the boulders and creek and is a great adventure. While this is rated as difficult we transversed the boulders with our two daughters (9 and 5) and our Pug, all of which handled the terrain well. After climbing boulders down the creek we did find a well maintained trail running parallel to the creek. It seemed to be marked with trees with blue paint and yellow dot, however very quickly this changed to a yellow paint mark only. We happened to run into a park ranger monitoring activity at the site and asked if we were on St. Pete's trail. He said it was the game commission trail, but if you followed the yellow marks, then onto the light blue marks its about a mile loop that ultimately brings you back to the parking lot, emerging from the center trail option after the bridge at the beginning. Along this hike, there are many smaller trails that branch off, destination unknown to us. The path at times is covered by a lot of loose rocks, so be careful where you step as you could easily twist an ankle. In any case, it was any easy hike, but loved by all. We will be back.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

In the begining, we didn't necessarily stay on Saint Pete's Trail...there were so many different small trails to take that we were not sure which one was which..nevertheless...we were not dissapointed! We came across some great rock formations, little creeks w. mini waterfalls, even a rope swing! There was so much excitment! I highly recommens this park to all who are ready to embark a mini journey (:

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Trail needs to be marked a little better.. We got of the path a couple of times.. lots of different trails... We will be going back.. Oh and it needs a restroom.. Going to check out the shops next time too..

Saturday, December 03, 2016

This was the worst trail I've ever been on. The graffiti made me so sad. Not only were there penises and boobs drawn at least a dozen times, there were also racial quotes. It was appalling. Made me pretty upset. I wish people respected nature more. People respect nature more in rural South Carolina where I'm from. There aren't even racial slurs on trees there believe it or not.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Just to clarify some of the other reviews, which aren't specific to this trail. This trail is a loop, designated by blue trail markers with a yellow dot. The yellow trail markers are for an out and back trail, not the loop trail.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

This was a fun trail in the fall. The parking lot for this trail is on Saint Peters Road, across from the West Hanover Winery (coordinates approximately 40.180170, -75.731318). The trail head from here is a small concrete foot bridge. Honestly, the hardest thing about this trail is figuring out where the heck it is - it's hard to sort legitimate blazes from graffiti, and there are several appealing trails that appear unmarked (I kinda think the actual Saint Pete's trail might be one of them). The yellow trail is actually Horseshoe Trail, I think, which is an out and back trail.

If you enter the trail at the footbridge and go left, you'll be heading south over rocks. Be careful as you move through these, and if you're uncomfortable with the rocky scramble, look uphill to your right and you'll find some easier terrain. Keep going south until you see yellow blazes - you want to follow them generally northwest or west (if you keep going south, you'll hit Ridge Road and probably want to double back). After about a third of a mile, the trail becomes quite easy and beautiful. I stopped to have breakfast on boulders at the meeting point of three trails, then continued on. You'll encounter a long, straight stretch that will eventually take you to Tryhall Road, where things will get confusing. This is at roughly the 1.75 mile mark, where the Alltrails map will tell you to hike a short ways down Tryhall Road to find a trail leading back the way you came. I couldn't find it, and I'm not sure it exists. The yellow blazes continue across the road - that's Horseshoe trail, which as I've said, is an out and back. However, following that trail a short distance across the road will take you to a lovely little pond.

From this point, I doubled back until I found an unmarked trail off to the left that followed a stream back to French Creek. This was a really lovely hike through some beautiful woods. It will feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, until you begin to spy the houses to your right. From there, just follow your nose back to French Creek and the parking lot.

If you'd like to hike with your dog, just stay off the rocks and proceed northwest from the parking lot instead of going south. If you have a skittish dog, try parking on the pull-off on Tryhall Road and taking the trail from there (I saw two people with dogs on that portion of the trail, and they were the only people I saw the whole time).

Sunday, October 30, 2016

this was ok. wear bright colors during hunting seasons.

Friday, September 09, 2016

First time on this trial and I can't complain. I took what I assume was the blue path from the parking lot, past the painted boulders (a lot of fun to climb on) and continued onto the yellow trail. I walked for a bit over two hours before turning around and going back to the parking lot. Once you get past the boulders the terrain is less rocky and easy in my opinion but I wouldn't take my dog. Would definitely do this again.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Directions on the app lead you right to the trail head parking lot. I took the yellow trail and it was nice. I thought it was an easy trail, fairly flat. There are many points where the trail forks so I'm not sure if I took the yellow trail the entire time. A LOT of the rocks are painted. I sort of wish I had known that the park was known for this so I could of brought things to paint a rock. I brought my dog and he did great with all the boulders but if you have a dog that is skittish or not good with obstacles, I don't suggest bringing him/her because you won't be able to see some of the best parts.

Monday, June 27, 2016

The yellow marked trail has some good elevation and terrain. It's the better marked trail once you get all the large painted rocks.

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Can someone provide me with the parking location?

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Awesome! Can't wait to come back in a few weeks

Friday, September 04, 2015

Such a cool place! Lots of big rocks to climb on and a small stream that leads to some wading pools to swim in! The trails were nicely marked. I would definitely come back here.

rock climbing
Sunday, July 06, 2014

Lots of big and little boulders in and out of a rushing, pooling stream. Climbing and swimming for the youngest kids to the most daring teens. The very quaint little roadside bakery and the inn are great places to relax, eat, drink, and enjoy the views.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

One of my favorite places. Awesome hiking and awesome spots hidden around the woods and water, cool graffiti and art done all over by creative kids... Great restaurant and bakery and stores by road. Must see!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Really enjoyed my visit to Saint Peter's and French Creek. The trails are well marked and maintained but unfortunately there is a lot of graffiti. Its also very crowded in the deep water area's of the creek. Make sure to wear appropriate shoes for getting wet and hoping from rock to rock . I brought my dog and she loved playing in the creek but make sure you bring a long leash.

Monday, April 01, 2013

Trail was well kept, lots of local young kid usage as in graffiti everywhere. Some boulder crossings near riverbed, great for kids and pets. Very easy hike, nothing challenging.