Saint Pete's Trail

Saint Pete's Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elverson, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Had a great time here with my son. My only complaint is that trails are poorly marked.

I'm giving this trail 5 stars despite the fact that it was impossible to actually find signs or markers designating the trail, because it was so fun and beautiful. Travel through town and park in the parking lot at the end of town by the empty white building. Three trails branch off over the bridge and behind the white building. This point is obvious. Beyond that, it's unclear which path is what trail. The left and right trail take you along the boulders and creek and is a great adventure. While this is rated as difficult we transversed the boulders with our two daughters (9 and 5) and our Pug, all of which handled the terrain well. After climbing boulders down the creek we did find a well maintained trail running parallel to the creek. It seemed to be marked with trees with blue paint and yellow dot, however very quickly this changed to a yellow paint mark only. We happened to run into a park ranger monitoring activity at the site and asked if we were on St. Pete's trail. He said it was the game commission trail, but if you followed the yellow marks, then onto the light blue marks its about a mile loop that ultimately brings you back to the parking lot, emerging from the center trail option after the bridge at the beginning. Along this hike, there are many smaller trails that branch off, destination unknown to us. The path at times is covered by a lot of loose rocks, so be careful where you step as you could easily twist an ankle. In any case, it was any easy hike, but loved by all. We will be back.

In the begining, we didn't necessarily stay on Saint Pete's Trail...there were so many different small trails to take that we were not sure which one was which..nevertheless...we were not dissapointed! We came across some great rock formations, little creeks w. mini waterfalls, even a rope swing! There was so much excitment! I highly recommens this park to all who are ready to embark a mini journey (:

Trail needs to be marked a little better.. We got of the path a couple of times.. lots of different trails... We will be going back.. Oh and it needs a restroom.. Going to check out the shops next time too..

This was the worst trail I've ever been on. The graffiti made me so sad. Not only were there penises and boobs drawn at least a dozen times, there were also racial quotes. It was appalling. Made me pretty upset. I wish people respected nature more. People respect nature more in rural South Carolina where I'm from. There aren't even racial slurs on trees there believe it or not.

Just to clarify some of the other reviews, which aren't specific to this trail. This trail is a loop, designated by blue trail markers with a yellow dot. The yellow trail markers are for an out and back trail, not the loop trail.