Sadsbury Woods Loop

Sadsbury Woods Loop is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Coatesville, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

There are a lot of different trail options which makes it a bit like a choose your own adventure! It is very quiet which makes it feel like you are further out in the wilderness than you actually are.

heavy mosquitos in August and a ton of mud. but relaxing flat easy walk.

After being off of the trail for a month with a foot injury I hiked the purple trail loop counter clockwise on a 80 degree day in July. I'm surprised this trail has previously been rated difficult, I found it to be an easy-moderate 4 miles with a few patches of rocks due to erosion, two primitive water crossings (I had to take my boots off for one of them) and a 100-150 ft hill on the western edge of the loop. The trail is well maintained other than the eroded sections and the purple arrows are easy to see unless you're color blind like I am (took a wrong turn when I mistook a gray arrow for a purple one). Some evidence of mountain biking and ATV activity both of which I know are not permitted. The most difficult part was dodging the dog crap near the parking lot and the horse droppings at the southern part of the trail. I encountered some very friendly young guys doing trail maintenance and thanked them.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017