Round Head via Appalachian Trail

Round Head via Appalachian Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bethel, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Starts out a rocky trail, but leads into a decent trail, with gradual inclines and declines...you come across a few trails and access roads along the way.
The overlook is worth the hike.
Note: If you cross the road you can see the other part of the AT its worth the short walk to another overlook of the valley.

I’m getting older! This was tougher than it should Have been for me and my girlfriend. It was a very good hike the view is spectacular very rocky make sure to wear boots we were both wearing just normal sneakers it is a very extremely rocky section of the trail.

My Husband and I did this hike on a beautiful September day. We enjoyed hiking through the woods and it took us about an hour and a half to get to Round Head Lookout. Very few people on the trail - nice and quiet. We will be back here once the color starts to peak a bit more!

Monday, August 01, 2016

rocky in the beginning, but then it flattens out to allow for mostly running. very nice and clean.

Sunday, October 16, 2016