Rockton Mountain

moderate 19 reviews

Rockton Mountain is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rockton, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 295 feet Route Type: Loop

I do not recommend. It was a tough hike. It was well blazed as long as you are paying attention to the switching of colors. You will walk on 3 different trails. Do not do this without this app. Everything is very overgrown and it is very easy to lose the trail.

I’ve never left a negative review on a trail before. But this sucked. The first half mile is nice. After that be prepared to be either in scrub up to your waist or mud up to your shins. Or both. And that’s when you can find the trail, it’s so overgrown that the parts that aren’t marked well are hard to find. The last .75 miles is on a dirt and gravel road which you’ll be thankful for by that point... but It’s a fairly trafficked road, so be prepared to literally be sucking dust. Find anything else to hike.

Very muddy. Close to hunting grounds as I was able to hear gun shots nearby.

I think this is called hemlock trail. it's 2.5 mile loop. lots of mountain Laurel. some muddy parts but easy to go around those

Tue Jan 29 2019

Today I took my dogs on this trail to cross-country ski. It was beautiful and well marked. The dogs loved it. Very dog friendly. We will be back for more this winter and hiking after the snow melts!

Wed Jun 27 2018

Beautiful area, but most of the trail was overgrown. Hard to run when I couldnt see where my foot was landing. Some muddy spots that were hard to avoid so I ended up soaking one foot and slinging mud all over the place.

Sat Feb 17 2018

Today was my first time on the Hron Shanty Loop. The tail map shows it to be 3.2 miles, but with the way the red/blue blazes are laid out, it works out to be just over 2.5 in length. over all it was a great way to spend a Saturday morning with my son.

Wed Aug 02 2017

These trails are pretty nice over all. For more information on these trails including pictures and maps visit: https://www.facebook.com/rocktonmountaintrails/

Thu May 11 2017

Hiked the Kelly Loop trail. A little muddy and the blazes were hard to follow at times, but the hike was good overall.

Sun Mar 20 2016

Not a bad trail for a beginner or moderate level rider. I recorded the "Shanty Loop" trail but I also rode a couple of others while I was there. There is a few downhill sections to get the speed up. be sure to have momentum on your side when attacking the uphill sections because the Rocky terrain makes it difficult to get going again. the Rocks do offer good technical practice to beginners. The blazes on the trails are sometimes hard to follow that's why I gave a 3 star rating. all in all it was a fun ride. I'll be back for sure.

recorded Rockton Mountain