Ridley Creek Orange Trail

Ridley Creek Orange Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Edgmont, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

Great trail. Short but easy to do the loop twice. Dog friendly

We enjoyed this hike through the woods and along the creek. My Golden Retriever loves it!

This is an excellent family trail. Lots of spots to splash in the water. It is an easy hike for families.

Great short hike, not boring. Along water. Big boulders to climb in the creek

I hike and/or run this trail often. Great when you don’t have time for a long trek. The hill is challenging and the creek is beautiful.

I am on the fence about rating this trail a 5. Wish we could give half points. This amazing 2.25 mile trail takes you through everything you want. Its a loop, flats overlooking the babbling creek. One steep section with ~100 feet of elevation that plateaus to allow you to stretch out. A picnic table about a third of the way right where you want it. Only reason why not a five is because there isn’t a vista panoramic view to top it off. Sorry Hawk Mountain has set a high standard. Visited the trail in February and am going to return during every season. Was able to hike the trail in just over an hour with a group of 12 including young Cub Scouts.

I love this path along the creek. This trail is hilly so I recommend bringing water with you. This is one of my favorite hikes but be prepared for the steep hill.

Great short hike - some water, only minor elevation / a few ducks - great way to spend a little time connecting to the earth.

This is our go-to trail when we need to get out of the City. We've hiked it countless times in all sorts of weather. It's a gem!

Probably my favorite trail at RCSP, not well traveled since the trailhead is accessible only via Gradyville Road. The lower part follows Ridley Creek and is very scenic. I hiked clockwise around the loop and finished in under 40 minutes, including taking photos. Upper portion is hilly but manageable. I wore heavy goretex hikers and hiked on wet leaves. Hiking poles for us balanced challenged folks are recommended.

Nice moderate trail which is peaceful and quite. Lower section goes by the river and upper part is up on the hill next to it.

Saturday, March 11, 2017