Ridley Creek Orange Trail

Ridley Creek Orange Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Edgmont, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

I love this path along the creek. This trail is hilly so I recommend bringing water with you. This is one of my favorite hikes but be prepared for the steep hill.

Great short hike - some water, only minor elevation / a few ducks - great way to spend a little time connecting to the earth.

This is our go-to trail when we need to get out of the City. We've hiked it countless times in all sorts of weather. It's a gem!

Probably my favorite trail at RCSP, not well traveled since the trailhead is accessible only via Gradyville Road. The lower part follows Ridley Creek and is very scenic. I hiked clockwise around the loop and finished in under 40 minutes, including taking photos. Upper portion is hilly but manageable. I wore heavy goretex hikers and hiked on wet leaves. Hiking poles for us balanced challenged folks are recommended.

Nice moderate trail which is peaceful and quite. Lower section goes by the river and upper part is up on the hill next to it.

Saturday, November 26, 2016