Ricketts Glen - Lake Rose Loop/ Falls Trail

Ricketts Glen - Lake Rose Loop/ Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fairmount Twp, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

17 Amazing waterfalls along a steep but well-maintained trail Have good footwear for this one...It's often wet and slippery even though the trail is maintained in excellent condition. This hike is a simple loop that takes you past most of the falls in Ricketts Glen State Park. You can do this loop when camping at the park because it's an easy walk to the trailhead (about a mile each way from most of the campsites). Start at the sign and follow the trail. Turn right when the trail splits and follow the signs to the Falls Trail. You'll shortly see your first waterfall. There is a bridge at "Waters Meet" that you need to cross where the two streams merge - although it's not the halfway point, it is where you'll start heading uphill instead of downhill. Follow the trail up and, if you'd like, you can take the shortcut to the Highland Trail when you see the sign. The Highland Trail will take you back, after passing through the "Midway Crevasse", to the Lake Rose parking lot.

Beautiful scenery

Awesome hike! Very scenic, each waterfall more breathtaking than the last. There are some steep and precarious descents and climbs, but the hike is overall short enough to manage. It took me and two of my children (ages 9 & 4) a little over 2 hours to complete. I definitely like the counterclockwise route recommended here: starting at Lake Rose parking, warming up with your longest leg as a downhill trek, then going into a comparatively short uphill leg, and finishing off with a tranquil mile on the highland trail. Definitely a family friendly hike as long as you wear hiking shoes or good sneakers and are prepared for some steep and slippery rock stairs!

Best trail I've been on in the North east so far
Doesn't even feel like a hike you spend the whole time looking at falls ! Make sure you don't just hit the loop and see the last three falls leading up to 118
Save yourself a couple miles walking in the woods and just loop the falls if your park at the lake rose trailhead lot!
Also brought my dog . Pit. He had an amazing time saw many many dogs of ALL sizes , Boston ,Yorkies, it was amazing

Best hike to date yet!

Love this place! It has amazing waterfalls! It's a little touristy and can get crowded. I suggest going during the Spring or Fall. There are steep climbs and the rock steps can be slippery. Overall a great hike and workout!

Amazing scenery. Very well-maintained trails. Does have steep climbs that you need to be prepared for, but all-around very good experience. Highly recommend.

We actually started at the Falls trailhead on RT118 and went left at the fork, we crossed over the Highland trail that connected us back to Falls and back to the parking lot. The whole hike was about 6 miles and there were many places to stop and eat lunch or enjoy the scenery. This hike was loaded with beautiful views and tons of waterfalls.

Very scenic waterfall views! Has a lot of up and down steps which helps to manage the challenges. Best time to hike between 11am and 3pm.

Great hike! Went with my 6 year old son and we loved it. It was quite challenging but worth it! Beautiful waterfalls!

My wife and I hiked about 1 mile on the trail but the constant uphill kicked my butt. Was a cool but sunny day and would like to try it again fall season.

Did this hike in late November for my birthday gift. Very nice hike. Not very difficult at all. However very busy and some slick areas due to colder temps.

Wow! I'm new to hiking and this trail showed me how widely the moderate difficulty rating can vary. I intended to do only the cherry loop. Somehow I ended up doing 6.7 miles of boot sucking mud, streams with slick rocks and a lot of downhill ice. It didn't help that I had two dogs with me. I wouldn't recommend this for the beginner, at least this time of year. What I saw of it was beautiful but mostly I was watching where every step was going to go.