Ricketts Glen - Lake Rose Loop and Falls Trail

Ricketts Glen - Lake Rose Loop and Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fairmount Twp, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

ice climbing

17 Amazing waterfalls along a steep but well-maintained trail Have good footwear for this one...It's often wet and slippery even though the trail is maintained in excellent condition. This hike is a simple loop that takes you past most of the falls in Ricketts Glen State Park. You can do this loop when camping at the park because it's an easy walk to the trailhead (about a mile each way from most of the campsites). Start at the sign and follow the trail. Turn right when the trail splits and follow the signs to the Falls Trail. You'll shortly see your first waterfall. There is a bridge at "Waters Meet" that you need to cross where the two streams merge - although it's not the halfway point, it is where you'll start heading uphill instead of downhill. Follow the trail up and, if you'd like, you can take the shortcut to the Highland Trail when you see the sign. The Highland Trail will take you back, after passing through the "Midway Crevasse", to the Lake Rose parking lot.

Beautiful fall hike! Go early in the day, less crowded. Waterfalls don't disappoint.

Beautiful place !!
I will be back on summer time

Such amazing views and a great workout! Picked a beautiful Thursday in November to go and it wasn't too crowded.

My wife and I hiked the falls trail on Saturday. The trail was very crowded and many groups were very slow to get around. We were there not just the beauty of the falls but for the hike too. Most of the large groups were mostly near the top by Lake Rose parking and Falls trail from beach parking lot #2. Many were not prepared for this kind of hike, like sandals, flip flops, dress shoes and dress pants. After Waters Meet we came across more serious hikers whom came up from Rt 118 trail head. Overall love the trail but not the crowd. We will be doing it again. Note: Hiking shoes or boots are a good thing for the steep stairs of rock.

This trail is absolutely gorgeous. The falls are stunning. I took my two children with me so that we could enjoy a beautiful fall Saturday while they're off from school for the weekend. The foliage was quite a sight. The only downfall to going on a Saturday was that the amount of other hikers was just too dense for my comfort with my children there. I spent much of the time stressed over worrying whether or not another adult would knock them down off of some of the steep, narrow passageways alongside the falls. You kind of have to wait your turn and hope that none of the tourists are thoughtless enough to make the kids hike on the cliff side. Thank goodness my girls are seasoned hikers and their comfort level was high. I think we'd have had a better time on a weekday! We'll be back during the Spring to try it on a less crowded day! The trail is worth the hour drive. Just not the crowds.
Tip.. definitely wear proper footwear!

Tip.. definitely wear proper footwear!

great

Breathtaking views!

Beautiful waterfalls but the trail was very congested. We were literally stuck behind little traffic jams at certain points. Avoid the weekends!

Amazing views around every corner. Well maintained.

Amazing

The leaves were changing, and the water was flowing. Excellent weather. A little crowded, but everyone was patient.