Ricketts Glen Falls is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Benton, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 715 feet Route Type: Loop

rock climbing

17 Amazing waterfalls along a steep but well-maintained trail Have good footwear for this one...It's often wet and slippery even though the trail is maintained in excellent condition. This hike is a simple loop that takes you past most of the falls in Ricketts Glen State Park. You can do this loop when camping at the park because it's an easy walk to the trailhead (about a mile each way from most of the campsites). Start at the sign and follow the trail. Turn right when the trail splits and follow the signs to the Falls Trail. You'll shortly see your first waterfall. There is a bridge at "Waters Meet" that you need to cross where the two streams merge - although it's not the halfway point, it is where you'll start heading uphill instead of downhill. Follow the trail up and, if you'd like, you can take the shortcut to the Highland Trail when you see the sign. The Highland Trail will take you back, after passing through the "Midway Crevasse", to the Lake Rose parking lot.

There are so many great waterfalls on one trail. Check out my full write up of our winter trip which includes directions and other things to look out for. eastcoasthiker.com/trails/rickettsglen

Went in the fall, moderate traffic on footpath which is narrow in spots. Highly suggest good footwear especially on muddy days. Some spots are very slippery but the waterfalls are beautiful!

Overall great trail, a bit crowded but we went on a weekend. I was surprised at the amount of people without masks and just complete disregard for social distancing, areas of the trail it is impossible to do, understandable, but walking 3 wide, single file people, single file. Beautiful, picturesque views, The surroundings, rocks, moss and waterfalls were beautiful and completely worth the entire climb back up. More muddy than rocky as the rocks were flat unlike what I’m used to in Jersey. It was crowded as i said already but Hopefully we will come back after COVID midweek to really enjoy all this trail us to offer.

Too busy, but it WAS a holiday

If you like water falls then this is your hike. The rocks can get slippery but overall great hike.

A great hike when you do the full loop. Definitely wear proper hiking shoes because it can get steep and is muddy in some areas. Only thing is it has a lot of foot traffic of people not wearing masks. I suggest you go earlier in the morning to avoid the afternoon rush of people coming in without the masks. Also bring a bag for your trash because there aren’t trash cans in the parking lot!

This is got to be one of the best trails in Pennsylvania. A lot of scenic waterfalls. Well maintained trail. Went on a Thursday and there was a lot of people on the trail. I’m sure it’s even busier on the weekend. Good for young and older. We did the 10 mile loop by starting out at the campground taking the beach trail to the falls trail. It was a perfect day.

I know this is a very well rated and respected trail and I get it, it's a nice walk especially if you want to see a bunch of waterfalls, some small, a lot mid sized and a couple big, but if you are looking for an adventure like hike, I dont think this fits that category. I gave it 4 stars because it does have nice waterfalls otherwise I would have given it a 3 for hike, I couldnt believe it was rated "moderate" until the 1/3 uphill walk which was actually a bit challenging. I think it's something to see, but I have heard the legend of Ricketts glen so long in my life that when I saw it I was expecting something a little more epic. We just got back during the week not too crowded my understanding is weekend is a parade of people.

Best trail I’ve gone to yet! Very easy to walk very clean and easy way to the water fall. Nice for kids and animals . Very nice view !

Amazing! The park is so beautiful it almost looks fake. Definitely my favorite trail in PA. Go on a weekday for minimal crowds.

My husband and I had an amazing hike with our two dogs. We took the beaver dam tram at first and that trail was like exploring all 4 seasons all in one walk. It started off with a ground full of dead leaves and nothing on the trees then as we got around it became great and the birds were in the air, it was amazing. It did rain a little bit nothing to bothersome. But the more rain the more bugs. We forgot bug spray and they had a field day. We ended out walk with the falls trail and found some amazing photos of the waterfalls. Over all 6 miles and a wonderful time. Heading out again next weekend to explore more. Well worth the drive.

To many people today hiking from the boredom of coronavirus. Most of the time you are standing on the edge letting people pass while packed shoulder to shoulder. It felt like we were sardines.

Really a great trial but loaded with people. Usually a pretty busy trail which can make it far to walk but overall a long harder hike but with beautiful waterfalls.

I love this trail! One of my favorite in PA! Every time I go back it is different depending on the flow of water and time of year!

So much to see. Many, many people today. Even some dogs and unleashed dogs. There are wet spots and lots of steep stairs so be sure to wear good shoes. We came with the intent of doing to longer hike but ended up doing the shorter one and missed a few falls. It’s a lovely spot to spend the day.

Beautiful hike! Not many people in the beginning as we went early, but it picked up. Some mud as it’s been rainy but not too bad. Mosquitos were a little annoying but also not too bad. Can’t wait to go again!

Definitely my favorite spot in PA. Well worth the drive, You can easily spend the whole day here. Lots of waterfalls to see. The terrain can be slippery and challenging in some areas but nothing insane. I love coming here!!

It was my first time here and I loved it! It was well worth the drive. I went with my boyfriend and 3 boys.! I would definitely do it again but this time stay for a couple days on the campground... once the COVID goes away.

Hiked this trail with my girlfriend on Wednesday, April 29th, 2020. After about a 2.5 hour drive from Center City, we started the hike around noon. Took the roughly 3.3 mile loop starting with the Ganoga Glen side and hiking back along the Glen Leigh side and finishing on the Highland trail. We found this to be ideal as the Ganoga Glen side is definitely the harder of the two paths and it was refreshing to stroll back along the Highland trail after some elevation. Trail was fairly empty when we started, but became rather busy later in the afternoon with a lot of families and kids. I imagine this hike gets overcrowded pretty quickly on the weekend. Hike itself is gorgeous with many waterfalls. Some wet areas from the falls. I hiked in hiking boots, but my girlfriend did just fine in sneakers. Well worth the trip from Center City and we're both looking forward to coming back out to try this hike again!

Wow wow wow! Breathtaking, challenging and worth the drive!!!! my 6 year old did it & the puppy!

I went in the rain so I was treated many beautiful waterfalls and some slightly slippery terrain. The trails are clearly well maintained, there were some blow downs but I blame a recent wind storm. I comfortably finished the loop in two hours.

Absolutely beautiful in April. Still quite icy so watch your step.

Nicest state park I’ve ever been to. Beautiful and easily marked trails. So many falls!! I only had time to check out two of them but I’ll definitely be back!