Ricketts Glen Falls

Ricketts Glen Falls is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fairmount Twp, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

17 Amazing waterfalls along a steep but well-maintained trail Have good footwear for this one...It's often wet and slippery even though the trail is maintained in excellent condition. This hike is a simple loop that takes you past most of the falls in Ricketts Glen State Park. You can do this loop when camping at the park because it's an easy walk to the trailhead (about a mile each way from most of the campsites). Start at the sign and follow the trail. Turn right when the trail splits and follow the signs to the Falls Trail. You'll shortly see your first waterfall. There is a bridge at "Waters Meet" that you need to cross where the two streams merge - although it's not the halfway point, it is where you'll start heading uphill instead of downhill. Follow the trail up and, if you'd like, you can take the shortcut to the Highland Trail when you see the sign. The Highland Trail will take you back, after passing through the "Midway Crevasse", to the Lake Rose parking lot.

Ricketts Glen is by far the best trail I’ve ever been to. All of the waterfalls are amazing , a must see for everyone.. Get your camera ready this place is breathtaking. I recommend good shoes and a walking stick!

Get there early because it is a narrow trail that gets very crowded

Great hike! By top the prettiest waterfalls I’ve seen in the area. I would definitely do it again. The trail is wet and slippery with many steps so wear hiking boots but worth every step. Do the hike after some rain so much better.

There may not be a single better trail in Pennsylvania.

Wear good footwear, waterproof and good traction on wet and slippery stone. Even if it is a dry day the spray from the waterfalls, and the smaller streams that feed the main one will make the stone wet. Most of the steps are simply cut into the stone. Far more sturdy than wood and mud, but can be slippery.

Most of the hike is in a valley, keep this in mind when picking a start time, the sun will "set" early.

Wind from the valley will make it seem much colder that it is in the surrounding area.

Great trail with great views. Whole family enjoyed the hike.

Love it here

Amazing! Beautiful natural waterfalls.

beautiful hike

Beautiful trail. Completed this and the falls loop. Go see the falls, they are pretty gnarley.

This was an amazing hike with beautiful waterfalls. We were even able to climb under a few and feel the cascading mountain water. Great trail for the family and our dog.

I can’t imagine a more scenic waterfall hike! You can easily cut this hike in half and spend time at night each fall soaking in the beauty. The west side from Mohawk to Erie and back can be done in a few hours.

Absolutely beautiful!! Gave us a good work out and our dog loved it!

Loved all the waterfalls! Bug spray a MUST!

definitely a top 3 in the area. amazing waterfalls. bugs. be prepared, a little spray it'll be worth it

One of my favorite hikes! So beautiful, the entire time I just couldn’t stop gawking over all the waterfalls. Definitely recommend! Not too hard if you are in decent shape and can climb stairs. Also gotta reiterate to wear shoes with good traction and waterproof if possible! To get the best views and shots you have to hike down/climb back up in mud/on slippery rocks. Highly recommend!

Jehovah God created such an amazing place for all to enjoy! Just awesome

We went after some heavy rains & it was breathtakingly beautiful!

This trail is rated as moderate but for me it was difficult. I’m not an avid hiker, not in exceptional shape, and when I went it was a heat advisory day so that all factors into my “difficult” rating. I completed this hike solo and enjoyed being alone with my thoughts in the surrounding. I went early on a Monday morning and the trail was not crowded at all. It was very serene, therapeutic, and relaxing with all the waterfalls. I hiked the trail so I saved the largest waterfall for the end of the hike. I spent time at each waterfall and rested a few times and the hike took me approx. 3 1/2 hours. It was a great solo hike to be alone with your own thoughts.

a real relaxing trail

Great trail and doesn’t take long! If you want to relax after the hike, there is also a picnic area at the boat launch just nearby.

this might be my favorite place in PA. I'd recommend doing the loop clockwise though, due to steepness of the trail at some spots. always a beautiful day at ricketts glen

Went a week following heavy rains
The lower trail was actually closed for repairs from flooding. The falls were gorgeous at full volume. From Lake Rose Trail head, be sure to take the Highland Trail route down. The loop is better in this direction. Loved the trails...from wide wooded to steep stairsteps to laid out "slate-like" sidewalks, plus along the rushing creek. With a lot of picture taking, we finished just under 3.

This is a fun trail to hike. It was difficult for me as I had been away from hiking for a bit and I live in flat Delaware. The views were amazing. I recommend you take hiking poles to help with the steep inclines and declines.

It was a good hike with a good number of waterfalls . The loop was roughly 6 miles and it took us 3 hours . Nothing too crazy but you need to have good shoes ! The views were great at some of the waterfalls .

Beautiful gorgeous it was great

3 hours of beauty... yes, your feet are going to hurt as never but totally awesome. Ganoga, Reynolds... all the falls will get your heart.

Amazing!

Such an amazing place to hike and see all the different falls. Definitely have good shoes for this as it gets slippery. It's well worth spending the day

Beautiful hike only draw back is the multitude of people and the lack of knowledge on trail etiquette. Not sure there is a slow time but worthy the views