Reeds Gap Campground

Reeds Gap Campground is a 1.1 mile loop trail located near Decatur, Pennsylvania. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, camping, and cross country skiing.

Pretty easy trails. My wife and I did Honey Creek and Reeds Gap Spur. Good times without too much trouble!

The park ranger told me that he had hiked all of the trails in the park, but that Honey Creek Trail does not exist any longer. I actually found that trail; it was well worn and very easy. Be careful if you hike any other trail at this state park. They are NOT well marked and the underbrush seems to be taking over the trails. I walked Reeds Gap Trail; it was a bit harder than Honey Creek Trail. I did not have the time, nor energy, to hike the High Top Trail. It is much longer...I think I was told 22 miles.

Some nice streams, okay views. Not too crowded. End result - I've seen better but there's definitely a lot worse.

Monday, May 30, 2016

nice and easy hike, great scenery

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Besides the 18 mile long Spur Trail, Reeds Gap also has three smaller trails: Flicker Path, Blue Jay Trail, and Honey Creek Trail. These paths are all under two miles long and are great if you're there for a day and want to see all kinds of scenery. My mother and I started early this morning and completed all the trails. It was heavily overcast and humid, but we were comfortable. They're maintained fairly well, with several downed trees but no other major obstacles. My favorite trail was the Honey Creek Trail since it passed the remnants of an old stone dam. We didn't see anyone on the trail all morning except for when we were nearing the campground areas. It was pretty busy as it is Labor Day weekend. The Honey Creek Trail and Blue Jay trail are super easy and would be great for kids. Flicker Path was the most difficult, but still not bad all at. If you're camping in the area, the trails are definitely worth checking out.