Ranger Trail

Ranger Trail is a 19.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spring Grove, Pennsylvania that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

There are an assortment of trail loops in this area. This is the North Eastern part of Codorus State Park. There are plenty of scenic views of the lake as well as an amazing pine tree forest area. The scenery varies quite a bit throughout the different trail loops.

Please read if you plan on hiking here. 1 star for hiking. But i will give it 4 stars for horseback riding. Trails are unmarked with multiple intersections that aren't marked. Grassy areas where your shoes and socks will get wet really quick. Long muddy spots about 15 feet long with no way around them. The trail says it crosses roads where it doesn't cross roads where it took me five minutes to figure out where to go. Every trail is shared with horses therefore it smells like horseshit. Is very noisy you constantly here cars and trucks. It is a lake so there is a boat noise but I knew that going in. Probably how to see about 30 dogs. Only one couple had their dog on a leash today. So if you're not a dog person I want to go there because dogs will run up to you. I'm done ranting just be careful if you go there.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Friday, November 25, 2016

Monday, August 01, 2016

This is my favorite area of Codorus State Park, because of the pine tree forest area. I thought this was the best until I saw it in summer. The grandeur of the trees in rows absolutely takes your breath away.

The trails are pretty obvious based on the ware patterns, but it is a little difficult to figure out where you are going due to all the loop intersections. The first time I hiked this in winter, I did the outermost loop and was amazed at the change in scenery from lake to pine forest to normal forest, to field and back.

I will say that dodging all the horse poop is a bit annoying when you are trying to look at everywhere but down. But I guess it's nice that there is a trail area open to horseback riding that isn't a long a main road.