Pole Steeple Trail

Pole Steeple Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gardners, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 505 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

This Michaux State Forest trail contains some steep climbs. The entire park can be viewed from the Pole Steeple Overlook, which is a quartzite rock outcropping. The trail begins at the Pole Steeple parking lot, along the Railroad Bed Road by Laurel Lake, and proceeds up to the rocky overlook.

Nice hike. Besides blazes to overlook and then to lake.......other trails not maintained.

Short but steep enough to get your heart going right away. The view at the top makes it worth it. I recommend taking the steep route unless you have children

I hit this trail from where it connects to AT and hiked into the overlook. Was surprised at how many people were on the trail, especially kids. Was a weekend on an unusually cool summer day, so that probably had a lot to do with it. Would love to check out a sunset from the overlook. Very rocky and steep between the overlook and where it connects to the parking lot by the lake. Glad I had my poles.

This was a fun half hour point to point hike with a great view! It is a moderate hike in my opinion because it has rocks and is mostly uphill before the vista point. The trail was clear and the path was free of fallen trees. The only thing I would say that brought the experience down was that the ambiance was kind of disrupted by a nearby lake so it didn’t give off a tranquil woodsy vibe that I love. Still good though!

Short but challenging hike. Rocky and steep at times. Wear sturdy hiking shoes. Very buggy the day we went. I would wear bug spray and take something to fan the bugs off. Some of them are huge! The view at the top is amazing. The outcrop to the right is easier to navigate to see the view. Took about an hour up and back. Very nice hike.

Not too hard at all! I definitely recommend getting there for sunrise - my favorite hike by far! The sunrise was so beautiful (but the sun rises on the other side of the mountain, btw).

Great view at the top! It was great getting to the rock cliffs early in the morning. Definitely recommend that.

Just hiked on July 4th. Short trail but steep . Wonderful views.

Easy hike watch out for the copperhead on the left out croppi

Nice short hike with great views. Easy access and well marked.

Steep at times

I finally made up the mountain. I either get stuck watching kids, cooking food or am pregnant. I can cross this off my to do list

short, but steep hike with a lot of different options for getting to the outcrop.

Absolutely amazing view with varied options as far as hiking experience goes.

Nice quick hike with my 7 year old. Steep and Rocky but doable if you take your time.

Quick hike, but nice and steep. Was my 11yo daughter’s first hike and she loved it. Lots of dogs on the trail. Great photo ops at the top.

We took on this significant incline as part of a bigger loop and thoroughly enjoyed it. The steep hike and rock scrambling near the top was definitely challenging, but the payoff view from the summit is really spectacular. On a nice day, some patience may be needed to get into one of the prime photo spots - the view from the top can draw a crowd.

The view is stunning! It’s uphill so it’s a great workout! Towards the top there’s a split, the right trail is less steep good for if you don’t want to rock climb. The straight up trails takes you up the rocks so it was a bit scary but for more experienced hikers I’m sure it’s no biggie! Well marked trail. Parking was hard to find on google maps. It’s located behind laurel lake on a road past the lake.

I did an early morning hike. Weather was a little crispy but sunny. Only saw 3 other hikers that morning. Trail was a bit steeper than I had expected but was well worth it at the top. Beautiful views.

Great hike and the trail was cover with ice and snow. The trail split into two trails. The left side takes you to a rock scramble to the top. The right side takes you around the rock formation to an easier trail to the summit. I took the left side and did the rock scramble to top and rocks witch was cover little ice and snow. I follow tracks made by others up to the top. Nice views of area and lake below. The way down I took the easier trail.

Easy/moderate depending on the weather. Great views of rural PA