Pinnacle Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Pinnacle Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, birding, and horses and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

Please note: this trail is on private property.

The property is private and off limits. It is repeatedly posted until someone tears the signs down. even if the posters are down the fact that it is private makes entry illegal. The owners are tired of people abusing the property with trash, brush/tree cutting, ATV riding, and especially hunting. It was bought and is maintained purely by private money with the goal of keeping it as pristine as possible for the ecosystem, not humans. Please respect the owners wishes and avoid this trail

03/24/18 - uphill/downhill about 90% of trail. Hike was moderate in my opinion, not quite hard as the app indicated (we were able to do it safely with an infant strapped to us). I did not see any private property or no trespassing signs anywhere and I parked at the “lot” at the base of the trail as indicated by the app without issues. View is worth the work you put into the hike. Will return when the snow melts! Final portion of the trail near the summit is steep and loose but, even with snow and ice, still easily traversable with trekking poles and good boots.

No posted signs and no psycho with a shotgun. Access road style trail that has a steady climb, the last hill before the overlook is steep and loose.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

This site is describing two different locations. The Pinnacle that is open to the public and that has the Appalachian Trail running through it can be found here-

Sunday, July 03, 2016

This is absolutely private property and has been posted as such repeatedly unfortunately people rip them down. This should not be a trail on this site as it is PRIVATE

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Warning!!!

This was a great hike. However a friend of mine did it a week later. Was confronted by a man with a shot gun yelling for him to get off his property.
This apparently is no longer public land.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

K

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

It was fantastic. I only died ten times , but so worth it ! The view was beautiful ! I always imagined what it was like to climb one of the mountains as I would drive through the Scranton Valley , and I finally get to say that I have ! To the ones who said the owners do not welcome hikers, I saw absolutely no signs of No Tresspassing anywhere. Not recommended for the faint of heart, smokers, or some who are afraid of heights. Very steep climb !

Friday, June 10, 2016

amzing hike. i took a buddy up there once after noticing a hikeable mountain on google earth. didn't even know there would be a trail. we ended up hitting the top right at sunset and it was beautiful. that final stretch of rough climbing is the price you have to pay for such a beautiful view

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

I liked the fact that it was a little challenging due to the steep climb. Even though a storm was rolling in and it was foggy the view from the top was great. I would definitely do it again just to see how far I could see on a clear day. The only thing I would say for improvement is the trail could be marked more clearly where the paths split off. All in all great trail though.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Great

Thursday, May 26, 2016

1.3 miles of hill climbing, but the view is totally worth it!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Very steep incline which made the way down pretty challenging in some areas, highly suggest wearing footwear with treads, but the views at the top make up for any struggle on the way up. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a challenging hike.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Super steep, but great hike. Amazing view at the top!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Definitely a hard trail. Very steep at the end and all rocks... There is an easier way to get down and avoid the rocks on the way back. Recommend this trail, great views.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Took my nephew n dog we loved it

Sunday, March 20, 2016

hard to find trail. finally I just started up clearing for gas pipe and by chance saw to left a trail. once on trail it was ok. summit had great view. about an hr up and 40 min down

Saturday, January 02, 2016

It started with a lot of uphill but evened out for a bit before the last ascent to the peak. Great experience. Beautiful view.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Amazing view from the top.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Every bit of this mountain and this trail is on PRIVATE PROPERTY!!!! And the land owners do not give permission to anyone to hike.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Loved it minus the ending

Monday, July 13, 2015

Tough rock climbs. Dont do it in wet conditions

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Great trail & great hike. The people in the area are friendly. The best places to park are on the street (bald mountain road) across from the pa

Friday, January 24, 2014

Know landowners, they do not take kindly to tresspassing of any sort due to vandalism of the towers and lights at top of mountain. This is commonly known as bald mountain, not to be confused with the pulpit/pinnacle portion of the AT.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One of my favorites. It's a hard hike but it's worth it once you get to the top. Someone said the land was purchased but I've been there at least 5 times in the past year and people still go up and down without anyone caring. There's a spot on the road to park and then start walking the power lines and head into the woods. It is hard to find your way up unless you know where you're going. But definitely try it.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I think the one reviewer was talking about the pinnacle trail on the AT near hamburg, PA which is a fantastic hike. This pinnacle is a non trail. The land was purchased by someone who apparently patrols it to keep hikers out. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. I spoke to some locals and they didn't even know about the trail.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Sorry but we couldn't find this one, we had trouble finding Bald Mtn rd until we doubled back and saw the sign which is only visible in one direction, but then could not find anything resembling a trail head. Shame, but if anyone finds it let us know!

Thursday, November 03, 2011

This trail is definitely one I will be doing more than once. You have to allow a good amount of time for this one not only for hiking but for enjoying the view at the top. We started at the reservoir and took our first break at Pulpit Rock and enjoyed the view from there for a bit. Then we continued to the top and the views were spectacular. This is a fairly demanding uphill climb but the views are worth it. I went in August during the hawk migration and have some great pictures of these magnificent birds!

Saturday, July 02, 2016