Learn more

Pine Creek Trail is a 61.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wellsboro, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 61.6 miles Elevation Gain: 908 feet Route Type: Point to Point

rails trails

A rail trail that goes from Jersey Shore PA to Wellsboro PA. It . follows the old railraod grade that snaked up Pine Creek. The trail also goes through the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.

This is a beautiful area for biking, hiking, and kayaking. We put in our kayaks at Hamilton Bottom access point and got out right after Ramsey Village. Then we biked backed to our car. The river is getting pretty low right now so definitely check the water level before you go. It made for a great day!

We biked this trail from Wellsboro trailhead to Darling Run and back. About 18 miles total.

Very scenic trail especially during the fall. Trail is plenty wide to accommodate bikes and hikers. Saw all kinds of wildlife along the way, also plenty of areas to stop by the creek for a break. My opinion one of the best trails around.

Bike - PA Grand Canyon

This is a very beautiful trail.

We have rode all of this trail on two separate days. Starting at Hotel Manor and riding in different directions,each day. Quite scenic and a simple crushed stone ride. This was where we saw our first rattlesnake

bike touring

Biked the trail from Marsh Creek to Jersey Shore, and had Pine Creek Outfitters drive our car to Jersey Shore. We also stayed a night about half way at Hotel Manor, which was a great place to spend the night. Hotel Manor sits right along Pine Creek, and has a nice deck to eat dinner on. The trail was spectacular. The fall colors along with Pine Creek was second to none. Just mile after mile of great scenery. All 54 miles we rode and we didn't encounter one rough or washed out area. The trail is the best maintained trail I have ridden on. I can't wait to ride this trail again. Just a great experience. This trail is rated top 10 in the nation. Can't believe its not #1. Just an awesome trail!

Beautiful 25 mile bike ride along the trail. Miissed the leaves changing by a week or two. Trail is in great shape.

Ran from the parking area near Wellsboro. There are bathrooms, always a plus. Ran 6 1/2 miles out, then turned around (ran the Conquer the Canyon half marathon). More bathrooms about 3 miles out. Trail is ride and in great shape. Saw a bald eagle in a tree over the creek. There were a lot of hungry horse flies, make sure you bring the bug repellent.

Sat Jun 15 2019

A fun day first into Wellsboro for the Laurel Festival craft vendors on the square found some things both there and shopping on the Main Street love this little town. Next our bike ride on Pine Creek Trail it was a good ride a little overcast but warm met up with some nice people and nice old man with a telescope focused on baby eagle that he shared with us overall really fun weekend Happy Father's Day Mike I love you!

Sat Jun 01 2019

Wildflowers smelled amazing! Seen one Black Snake..

Wed Oct 31 2018

Beautiful. Started at jersey shore. Then lunch at the Waterville hotel, easy ride.

Mon Sep 24 2018

This is a great trail to hike and bike.

Wed Aug 29 2018

A very nice and informative park ranger introduced my wife and I to the Bald Eagle Nesting area at the Wellsboro Pine Creek Rail Trail.(PA Grand Canyon). Awesome.

Sun May 27 2018

Did only 3 miles up & 3 back. Love it. Hiked it. Maybe next time-bike it

Sun Nov 26 2017

Always a great ride. Easy access. Exercise or tour with a friend.

Tue Sep 26 2017

breath taking

Thu Aug 17 2017

We attempted to ride the entire length of the trail while bicycle camping along the way. A damaged bike kept us from getting further than Blackwell, PA (starting at the trailhead near Wellsboro, PA), but that portion that we hit through the Natural Area of the "canyon" was great. We stayed overnight at a camping area at the old CCC town of Tiadagton. Eagles, black bear, ducks, geese, white tailed deer and timber rattlesnakes were seen in plenty. The middle of the Natural Area did not see much in the way of other campers or even bikers during the two weekend August days that we were base camped there. The star gazing was awesome and the night sounds of the old town site kept us wondering since we were the only people camped there. The town of Blackwell has a general store that should be a standard stop on the trail. The ride was very easy as the trail is the best Rail Trail that I have ever ridden. And I have ridden on many. I would suggest this trail to anyone looking for a day trip up to a multi night adventure. Caution should be exercised with the numerous bears (storing food stuffs) and the number of rattlesnakes trail side. This is one of PA Wilds best hidden gems.

Wed Aug 31 2016

Beautiful woodsy scenery, easy flat ride from Jersey Shore to Waterville access area. Looking forward to using the rest of the trail.

Tue Aug 23 2016

This is a relatively easy rail trail, mild grade heading north, downhill in the other direction. A complete down and back is about 100 miles.

Sat Mar 07 2015

Hiked 23 miles on this trail in one day. Was great. Rained for the first 3 hours but then was a beautiful day after. Really enjoyed the solitude. Saw several eagles and deer and a few other animals. Went up the turkey path on the Leonard Harrison side. Adds a little bit of uphill to an otherwise flat hike.

Thu Jun 05 2014

Just rode a section of this near slate run,absolutely a nice scenic ride. I will go again,starting at the south end. Saw deer,chipmunks and other small animals...great trail.

Tue Sep 03 2013

This is a great trail for riders of all levels. A good track for cardio work or easy riding, also a good place to take kids riding. The one and only issue I have found is that bicycle etiquette is not followed by the locals who live along the trail, so if you are there doing cardio work you can plan on being slowed down by large groups of riders.

Fri Jul 20 2012

This is the best for easy biking in a beautiful setting, especially the Waterville area.

Sat Aug 13 2011

I rode this 2 years ago on my road bike. Its a cinder trail so I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for a road bike, but I didn't have any problems. I road the full 64 miles and can attest to the beauty of the area.It follows the railroad so it is a very easy trail to hike. You do have to be careful of rattlesnakes soaking up the sun during the summer months, but overall this is a very popular and enjoyable trail.