Pine Creek Trail

Pine Creek Trail is a 61.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wellsboro, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

canoeing

rails trails

64 mile rail trail that goes from Jersey Shore PA to Wellsboro PA. Follows the old railraod grade that snaked up Pine Creek. The trail also goes through the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon

rails trails

We attempted to ride the entire length of the trail while bicycle camping along the way. A damaged bike kept us from getting further than Blackwell, PA (starting at the trailhead near Wellsboro, PA), but that portion that we hit through the Natural Area of the "canyon" was great.
We stayed overnight at a camping area at the old CCC town of Tiadagton. Eagles, black bear, ducks, geese, white tailed deer and timber rattlesnakes were seen in plenty. The middle of the Natural Area did not see much in the way of other campers or even bikers during the two weekend August days that we were base camped there. The star gazing was awesome and the night sounds of the old town site kept us wondering since we were the only people camped there.
The town of Blackwell has a general store that should be a standard stop on the trail.
The ride was very easy as the trail is the best Rail Trail that I have ever ridden. And I have ridden on many. I would suggest this trail to anyone looking for a day trip up to a multi night adventure. Caution should be exercised with the numerous bears (storing food stuffs) and the number of rattlesnakes trail side.
This is one of PA Wilds best hidden gems.

rails trails

Beautiful woodsy scenery, easy flat ride from Jersey Shore to Waterville access area. Looking forward to using the rest of the trail.

This is a relatively easy rail trail, mild grade heading north, downhill in the other direction. A complete down and back is about 100 miles.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Hiked 23 miles on this trail in one day. Was great. Rained for the first 3 hours but then was a beautiful day after. Really enjoyed the solitude. Saw several eagles and deer and a few other animals. Went up the turkey path on the Leonard Harrison side. Adds a little bit of uphill to an otherwise flat hike.

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Just rode a section of this near slate run,absolutely a nice scenic ride. I will go again,starting at the south end. Saw deer,chipmunks and other small animals...great trail.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

This is a great trail for riders of all levels. A good track for cardio work or easy riding, also a good place to take kids riding. The one and only issue I have found is that bicycle etiquette is not followed by the locals who live along the trail, so if you are there doing cardio work you can plan on being slowed down by large groups of riders.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Friday, July 20, 2012

This is the best for easy biking in a beautiful setting, especially the Waterville area.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

I rode this 2 years ago on my road bike. Its a cinder trail so I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for a road bike, but I didn't have any problems. I road the full 64 miles and can attest to the beauty of the area.It follows the railroad so it is a very easy trail to hike. You do have to be careful of rattlesnakes soaking up the sun during the summer months, but overall this is a very popular and enjoyable trail.