Pinchot Trail Lakeside Loop

Pinchot Trail Lakeside Loop is a 9.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wellsville, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

rock climbing

Easy footing and mostly flat trail, but very long and deviates away from the lake for a good portion of it, I was expecting to be more along the "lakeside". Nice variety of tree species and good for bird watchers. The hunters and gun noise made me a bit nervous - be sure to wear orange during hunting season. Enjoyable hike but no "wow" moments.

Recently reblazed, easy to follow. The road walk by the dam has been moved off the road.

A lot of fun in the rain! It was very soggy but a lot of fun with no one around. We even saw a deer. If you plan to go after a day of rain you'll definitely want boots.

Mostly flat with a few ups and downs. Lots of tree roots and stones. I logged 9.1 miles in 2.5 hours.

Needs to update and standardize trailblazers but it was a brisk and picturesque trail!

I really enjoy the loop trails and this one didn't disappoint. Plenty of distance and good variation of scenery with lots of path options.

Good lake side trail. Some points are rocky but still runnable. Needs better views to be 4 or 5 star.

Always a pleasant hike. Plenty of trails and things to see around the lake. Very dog friendly. The only down side is that it is very popular during nice weather and can be crowded at times. Also, because of the crowding, there tends to be litter and debris around.

Easy trail, except can have some really muddy areas after rain or snow. Late fall and winter can be the best if your looking for quiet and solitude.

easy for beginners; enough mileage of trails if you're looking for a workout

Sunday, November 13, 2016

What is pictured is mostly the Lakeside trail with a diversion to Ridge Trail at about mi 1.5 on map,onto Old Farm at about mi 2 then back to Lakeside Trail.

For the most part this is more of an easy trail walk than a hike. It gets a little rough around the dam but otherwise it is relatively level and smooth. Using the map from the park's website makes it especially easy to navigate as it is marked so well.

I started from Boat Mooring 3 parking and did a part of the Pinchot Trail rather than Old Farm and it was exactly 9 mi which took me 3 hours.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

My husband & I absolutely loved this trail! It was well marked & maintained.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

It is labeled as an out and back trail, however my friend and I hiked around the entire lake making it a total of 8.6 miles (from my car around the lack and back to my car) so it should really be labeled as a loop trail if you are up to it. The path was pretty clearly labeled. Only a few times did we used the map to confirm where we were going. There were several other trails that extended from the one around the entire lake that we didn't explore. A great place to hike, didn't see very many people on the trail but lots of people on the lake. If you do the full loop, bring lots of water! Will be visiting again :)

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Lake is right by the trail most the time. One of my favorite places to hike. Lots of really cool spots along the way.

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Great run!

Friday, August 21, 2015

Saw a barred owl a few nights in a row out in campground Loop B. Camped there a few days in July and loved it! Brought our kayaks and enjoyed the lake as well. Our favorite place as a family.

Monday, July 13, 2015

I love hiking here. The trails are mostly flat and well groomed. Only the far ends of the lake (remote areas) get a little overgown and dodgy. I have hiked every trail here and they are all worth re-hiking anytime you want a nice day trip. Lakeside trail is my favorite, 8.5 miles, easy hiking. Plenty of places to refill your water bottle and rest with great views of the lake. Make a weekend trip and camp there as well.

Monday, October 21, 2013

We've done a few of the trails here. It's a nice place, good mix of terrain but mostly flat. The lake is pretty and there's a nice nature center. In the summer you can go for a swim in a sectioned off portion of the lake, but it's really murky and crowded

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pin hot has good walking trails. Mostly campers and fishing. Trails are flat and about 7 miles looped.