Pinchot Lake is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Rossville, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.4 miles Elevation Gain: 154 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Wear hikers Nice walk Lots of wet/muddy areas

did this in late april, on a cool dry day. we still hit a lot of mud through most of the hike. we personally found the mud enjoyable but if you not into getting a little dirty, probably not you best hike. i would put it on the more difficult side of moderate. took us abt 5 hrs to do 9.2mi. gentle elevation changes.

First time on this trail. Went the day after it rained and the trail was surprisingly dry. At the start if you veer right you can see the dam and water fall. Plenty of large rocks along the lake to perch on for some nice views. Took our dog and she loved it! Not overly crowed. I would say this is a nice causal walk in the woods more so than a hike. We enjoyed it!

For photo trail map, see recording: https://api-v4.alltrails.com/explore/recording/pinchot-mtb-1cb524b The section of Lakeside Trail that goes from the Conewago Day Use parking lot over to the campground is very wet and muddy. Other than that, all the trails in the park are in good shape. May you always find joy in the scent of fresh air, the way breeze feels, the glistening reflection of a splashing creek, and the sound of wind in the trees.

Good trail very muddy but it is however almost spring so no big deal. Just in case someone doesn’t know if you are a state park in the State of PA it is a law to have your dog on a leash. This is the third hike in a row that we have encountered dogs not on a leash. Not cool

It was a fun, easy hike but very muddy due to how fast the snow and ice was melting. Saw several ospreys and woodpeckers.

A little crowded, very nice lake views, some small inclines and rocky spots, but we enjoyed it

Super easy trail to navigate. Flat & well worn. No problem with markers. Good for people that are unsteady but want to get out in nature.

when going up the hill here gradual incline.. overall nice trail

Easy to moderate.

great for a beginner like me and my 7 year old son.. very pretty and on the lake

Could be more clearly marked

2nd kayaking trip

Mon Dec 31 2018

muddy after a couple days of rain. wear waterproof shoes

Sat Nov 03 2018

Great trail to see some fall color before all the leaves are gone. Some parts of the trail are washed out due to the rain but you can get around them.

Mon Oct 08 2018

It was my second official attempt at Trail running. I thoroughly enjoyed it felt challenged at times and not bored of it although I did get lost a bit in the camping area. Next time I think I might plan my route instead of just picking and choosing at the forks in the trail.

Wed Dec 27 2017

Wonderful!!! So beautiful. Took my golden retriever and he loved it too!! Perfect, easy trail for my dog and me :)

Thu Sep 14 2017

Very good for a toddler trek or even a jogging stroller. I frequent this one if I'm looking for just a leisurely stroll.

Fri Aug 04 2017

This trail is between easy and moderate. After a little over a mile in it does become rocky in sections. It doesn't make for a consistent run out and back.