Peter's Trail

Peter's Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Canonsburg, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I recently moved to Bethel Park and this is my TOP trail pick out of the trails in my area. I am almost paw-sitive that it’s my dog’s favorite trail too. He loves to wade in the water to cool off. Thank goodness for seat covers! We had a friend visit from out of town and took her on this trail because it showcases the beautiful nature in our area. There were lots of wonderful places to take pictures with her too! I highly recommend this trail!

Short and sweet. As a family with young ones, it's always nice to find a trail close to home that feels secluded but doesn't take forever to get to and that isn't a black path. Peter's Lake is one of our favorites. We love to hang hammocks and there are several pine groves along the trail to hang a hammock and just relax for a bit. The path is littered with roots which gives the kids a bit more to focus on and helps get them ready for more advanced hikes. If you hate mud (like my oldest) avoid this trail after a heavy rain.

This is a wonderful trail that goes around a lake. It was quite muddy for about half of the hike. My dog and shoes were covered in mud. But my dog was able to jump in the lake and clean off! You can kayak and fish here, too.
We saw a ton of cardinals.
Will do again once it dries up or wear boots.

Love this place! Great little hiking spot around the lake! Easy. Family and pet friendly!

While the lake is nice looking, the forested area surrounding it has the general appearance of a vacant lot: underbrush, tangled of downed trees and scrap vegetation. Really unsightly. The municipality is rather wealthy, so I was surprised by that. Although, there are also small areas of mature conifers, TBF.

Easy relaxing able to kayak if you want fish trails well kept enjoyed very much

This is a neat little park to take your FurKid for a swim. You will need to make sure you put them on the leash since the trail gets a bit of foot and paw traffic.

Never knew this existed - beautiful place for an easy morning stroll.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

I love this trail. A local favorite. So beautiful and in our own back yard !

Friday, May 29, 2015

Two parking areas for the trail. A fairly easy walk, though buggy on a summer evening! The trail isn't paved and many areas have tree roots to look out for. It's a pretty walk, though, going all around Peters Lake.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

I drove all around this area and never found the trail or any signs for it.

Friday, June 16, 2017