Pennypack Trail

Pennypack Trail is a 13.2 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 13.2 miles Elevation Gain: 331 feet Route Type: Point to Point

This trail is minutes from my home and I’ve walked, jogged and have ridden my bike on it a multitude of times. Beautiful and tranquil scenery. Sometimes heavily trafficked but perfect in the early morning before it gets filled with people.

My son and I have rode this trail for many years and always enjoy it because of the scenery and the fact it's over 13 miles long makes for a real nice day of riding.

I just did the trail after 20 years. It's still a hidden gem in NE Philly. Just enough hills and curves to keep it interesting. Be careful on a bike. Lots of places the creek has flooded up onto the path leaving patches of dirt and mud. Steet bikes are not good for a stretch between Pine Rd headed towards Byberry; its nothing more than a rough trail.

Try to avoid after a lot of rain unless you have great shoes/boots

Great trail all year round.

I'm biased as this is my local spot - but I am out on this trail 2-3 times every week, and it is my outlet and sanity. I mostly walk or run, but there are also a lot of cyclists and dog walkers. Very flat and well-maintained. I always see some interesting wildlife - this week it was an albino deer.

Awesome trail. May has so much greenery all over. Rainy season is best time to go since the creeks and streams are flowing with water. Nicely maintained. There is no parking at Bryn Athen post office. Lot of people on trail. Decently straightforward trail with little to no sharp turns.

Tue Oct 30 2018

great trails done up real nice

Sat Sep 29 2018