Little Painter Trail

Little Painter Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Williamsport, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Ok trail... be prepared and wear long pants because 75% of the trail is stinging nettles on both sides that are really unavoidable. I wish I would have know this before I went. Also, tons of gnats and mosquitos. The steam crossings can get problematic, resulting in you being soaked from mid-thigh down. I’d rate it as easy, ended up being a little less than 3.5 miles and 430 ft elevation gain.

Went for a good evening walk and we couldn’t make it the whole way and back in a decent time so we didn’t make it to the end.

There’s a few moments when it’s difficult to cross the stream but it’s bearable. Pretty hike overall though!

No good places to take a seat and have lunch but we took a blanket and stopped for it.

Overall good hike, not the best in the area but not a bad day hike!

Awesome hike that follows a little stream. Did this hike in the spring so the water was flowing. Our tween-age kids did this and it was the perfect hike to give them a little challenge without being too much for them.

recorded painter creek