Oak Loop Trail

Oak Loop Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lititz, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well marked path, a good exercise with a mix of inclines, some small creek crossings, but nothing too daunting. If you’re bringing small children, be aware there are a few spots where large branches are blocking the path and a few more that are EXTREMELY muddy from all the rain we’ve received in the area this summer. Be prepared to get your feet wet if you’re not wearing the right shoes.

I love this trail. If it's wet I avoid the creek and go straight up the grass path from parking lot to pick up oak loop. Heavy usage during rainy time makes for a very muddy walk along creek path!

Loved this hike. Trail was easy to maneuver and the variation in inclines was enjoyable. I don’t really understand people complaining about bugs and burrs - you are in the woods for goodness sake!! Bring bug spray next time. My dogs loved this walk and enjoyed a quick soak in the creek as we were coming to the end. Would definitely hike this again.

Much of this trail was grass or dirt. It was shaded by trees in parts, and then other parts had full sun. The trail also came out in to a corn field. I felt some of the inclines were too steep to be fun. There were also constant flying bugs everywhere we went. Gnats, flies, no-see-ums, midgees... tons of 'em. They'd get right up in my face and buzz near my ears. But the worst was that we took our two dogs & had to stop numerous times to yank burrs off of them. They didn't seem to like that too much.

Easy trail to explore. Directions take you right to the parking area. A lot of wildflowers are out now. Wear shoes that you don’t mind getting muddy. There are some hills with gradual inclines. Nothing too steep.

This was a great trail for a “quick” workout and relaxing walk. Several steep inclines that were heart pumping, but nothing too crazy. It was a little rocky and rooty, but again, nothing too crazy. We went in mid-late April and it was abundant with beautiful little wildflowers. I definitely recommend!

Lovely, well marked trail.

Twice around a wonderfully marked wooded trail. Twice around is just over 5 miles.

Great fall hike! Just the right amount of up and down

This trail is rated moderate due to elevation changes, however the trail itself is smooth and appropriate for trail running. There are minimal rocks and roots and the trail bed is easy to navigate. The bottom loop could be done without the upper loop for people looking for a shorter version. The bottom loop features the stream which is pretty and there are no real features or overlooks on the upper portion. I found a lot of great fungal specimens and things to catch my attention, but the scenery is primarily woods.

Great hiking trail! Also has some good geocaches on it!

one of my faves. Good quick workout

Sunday, September 17, 2017

I thought this is a great trail, very well maintained, well marked.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

nice trail for walking. well maintained.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

First time on this trail. Went with husband and two boys (4 year old walking and 2 yrs old on back).Some moderately steep inclines for 4 year old, but overall decent walk. EXTRA Buggy even with bug spray, hence the 3 stars.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Really easy hike. Lots of bugs in the middle of the summer. More of a nature walk then a hike, but always fun to be in the outdoors. Bring bug spray. Good for kids.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Sunday, May 28, 2017

nice mix of terrain, streams, woods and a bit of open space.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

fun beautiful trail! Easy flat working towards moderate hills and then downhill back to flat!

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Easy to follow. Well maintained trail.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Terrain had good variation in elevation and was manageable by my three younger sons' (ages 7 & 10). Water was fun for exploring for kids and our two pups. We ran into one person that left me feeling uneasy, but that could be found anywhere. Eyes and ears open!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Unless we missed something, the Oak Loop trail off of the main unnamed trail, is not 25 miles long. Located in Speedwell Forge Park in Lancaster County, PA, the trail was well marked with several heart pumping uphill sections and corresponding downhill to cross hammer creek. No bridges provided on the Oak Loop but are in place on the main trail. It was a pleasurable hike.