North Park Hybrid Loop Trail

North Park Hybrid Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Allison Park, Pennsylvania that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the Pie Tranor field parking lot, start at trail head due east towards the sign for Fawn shelter and follow the red blazes. Follow until you reach S. Ridge Rd. and walk along until you see the white blazes. Follow along the wider portion of that trail, then follow the black to orange/red.

Nice kid friendly trail with easy access from north park and parking closer to picnic sites. Mostly flat and easy going.

There were a lot of hikers trying to burn off Thanksgiving dinner. It was still a nice hike.

Almost sure we did it wrong, but we got back to the car okay.

Friday, September 18, 2015

I've hiked this loop off and on with PAL Meetup group since 2010. I've also did several private hikes. I love hiking the loop, due to the mixed terrain. you do share the trail with many bikers, especially on a great weather day. I don't hike alone because I'm never really sure of the blazes.

Friday, July 04, 2014