North Park Green Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(144)
North Park

North Park Green Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Allison Park, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 160 feet Route Type: Loop

Easy quick trail, can hear some road noise but pretty all around. We will be back!

Lots of deer, wildlife. Raccoon sighting at picnic pavilion with a hamburger box.

Very nice trail. Started at trailhead at backside of parking lot and came out by the flag pole. Rolling trail but nothing too steep and long. Narrow in some areas. Very secluded! Nice views looking down towards lake.

Nice trail the dogs enjoyed. It was blazed pretty well and was fairly quiet during a weekday.

Great trail. Not overly difficult, but enough to get your heart going, especially if you start on the Flagstaff end. I’m going to revisit in the spring when the wildflowers are out.

recorded North Park Green Trail

It was a beautiful hike today with all the snow but it was extremely muddy. The trail was clearly marked with green blazes. Also some geocaches along the way if you like that. Some good elevation changes to make it interesting. Could tell bikers had been on the trail but didn't see any. Did see a few others hiking the trail today.

Nice loop with beautiful views of the park especially in the winter.

I would recommend this trail for anyone looking for a quick little stroll through the woods--especially if you have kids (though not stroller friendly). Good ups and downs and not to difficult if you're just starting out.

Moderate trail that I have done multiple times with my five year old. Quick path if you want to stretch your legs away from the roads, but constantly shared by bikers who need you to step aside due to challenging slopes with roots.

Good trail with some inclines and declines. It was easy enough to take my dog with me. Definitely recommend.

Nice walk on a gently rolling narrow dirt path. Just a couple modest ascents/descents. It is all in the woods so mostly shaded. Lots of tree roots, so watch your step. You can start at either the School House pavilion or the far end of the parking lot by Flagstaff Hill/Flanders. Mountain bicyclists use the trail as well; they were quite polite.

Easy hike to do with the family. Well maintained and had the opportunity to see some wild life. Easy parking, and a great area to have a post hike picnic and a playground for the kids to continue to blowoff some energy!

I adore this trail. A couple good hills, nice flat sections. I love to see the life change with the terrain.

as we are in mid-August, the trail highly disappointed me from the last 2 times I was on it. About .5mi in, the path got so overgrown in places u couldn't see the trail but in more places it was barely showing. I'll be surprised if I dont have at least a dozen bug bites, even with bug spray. The overgrown was so bad, it felt like I could get away from it. it's a shame cause I really enjoyed this path. At this point, make sure to wear pants if heading in, even on really hot days.

Nice hike, 90% through woods. Good warmup for more difficult hikes with moderate ups and downs. Extra points for being a loop. Watch for side trails. It is easy to take a wrong turn. Shared with mountain bikers, so keep alert.

This trail is great for a quick hike...well marked. Now that we are well into the summer season...there are parts of the trail that have narrowed because of the lush greenery..but the trail is still easy to follow...kids and dog love it

Super cool trail for mountain biking

Great little hike along a well beaten, narrow dirt path through the woods. Not too many ups and downs. A gentle workout through beautiful tree scapes. Many deer. A handful of bikes and dog-walkers. Very clearly blazed green with several optional side paths. Would certainly hike again.

Mon May 06 2019

Mon Oct 15 2018

Excellent forest stroll. easy for beginning hikers. For us a nice back yard afternoon walk.

Tue Oct 02 2018

Another great trail at North Park. Excellently marked with green blazes. You won't get confused or turned around here. Entry can either be found adjacent to the playground over at the Flagstaff pavilion, or the School House pavilion across from the church. I entered from the Flagstaff area. Having done that, I would rate the first leg of this trail as easy/low moderate to moderate on the second leg. This is due to the fact that if you follow the trail in this direction, you will encounter quite a few hills. They're not too difficult, but they do come in quick succession, with some being a bit more of a climb than others. I had to stop a couple times to have some water as it was pretty muggy during my hike. You'll know when you're about to hit the second leg of the trail going this direction when you encounter the first big turn to the left. Going the other direction seems like it would be easier all the way through with only a couple notable hills that were trickier going down than they would be climbing up. I would definitely say this trail would be a great, fun ride with your mountain bike. Compared to the North Park Loop Trail, this one is much less rootsy and easier to navigate. There are also no slick rocks to avoid and little to no wet/muddy areas. There are plenty of fallen trees that dot the sides of the trail that are pretty cool to look at. Note that during my hike, I encountered no trees actually blocking the trail as written in a couple other reviews here, so that problem has definitely been addressed. Definitely take some water with you as this trail is a bit of a nice workout. I managed to finish it in 40 minutes, which surprised me as it felt like it was taking longer, probably due to my stopping for short breaks after some of the hills. There weren't too many bugs, which is always good and I saw some rabbits and squirrels running about. All in all, a great and very pleasant hike.

Sun Jan 28 2018

More of an easy/moderate hike. Good scenery and well marked paths

Wed Sep 20 2017

Nice hard packed path. Well blazed with green blazes. Narrow and a little steep in a few spots. I did this trail in about 35 minutes.

Fri Jun 09 2017

This was a great trail. There were two trees down on the trail but they were easy to get around. Would definitely do this trail again!