Nockamixon State Park Loop Trail is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Quakertown, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Nockamixon Park is 5,286-acres big featuring a 1,450-acre Lake great for canoeing, kayaking, or fishing. The lake is open to boating and fishing 24 hours a day and the park is open sunrise to sunset. The park has an good amount of attractions and can be slightly crowded in the summer near the more public areas. the park does not allow swimming in the lake but does offer use of the pool. Perhaps one of the greatest trails (though there are many) is the new mountain biking trail off of Tower road. While the trail is still considered to be under construction by Valley Mountain Bikers (the club responsible for building this awesome trail) it is typically open (except for extreme weather). The trail is approximately 8.5 miles featuring varying degrees of difficulty.

The trail was awesome! I hit the Hammer and Cold Run trails with my girlfriend on bikes. Great time! Beautiful scenery and everyone was friendly. The trails were exciting and offered a variety of obstacles, sights, and speed. Be cautious of mud, rocks, and tree roots especially when wet. We will definitely be coming back to hit the southern trails. Maybe even hit the same trails because they were so enjoyable lol.

I hiked the J walk and South Park sections of this Trail. Came up at 7.5 with the Eastern Loop still to do. So I think this is actually more like 10 miles. The jaywalk is easy to moderate. The South Park though is more along the lines of moderate to difficult. It's heavy Rock Trails reminds me of the Appalachian trails in Pennsylvania. Some beautiful scenery and Midway through I found a surprise at one tree. I don't want to give away the surprise so you would have to see it for yourself. It's on the South Park Trail. All in all, this was a great hike and especially challenging since it is geared more toward mountain bikers which means that the path is not level like most hiking trails. Lots of ups and downs, and curvy pants. It annoyed me at first, but I actually quite enjoyed it toward the end.

one note and update though. They closed off the road at the southern intersection of the South Park Trail and jaywalk Trail. so there is no access to the spillway. It's a shame because it looks nice, and they built additional fencing to keep people out. I could have probably gone around it, but I didn't want to take a chance on poison ivy or something else going through open Woods and the plethora of no trespassing signs kept me from going further.

one thing that did bother me a little bit about this Trail was the limited amount of rest points. There are two benches one Midway and one toward the end. But the Trail is so narrow that it makes taking a quick stop along the trail for a drink or snack quite difficult.

overall, great Trail for a single or couple hiker. Might be more difficult in large groups due to the width of the trail.

Great mountain bike trail at the end of Tower Road off of 611.

Monday, September 04, 2017

This trail is mainly used for cyclists so you have to be on the lookout if you don't want to get hit. The best part of the trail is when it comes out to the spillway. I always take a detour and walk across to get an awesome view of the lake.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The lake view was pleasant. Trail path was quaint and easy. The trail didn't have any major challenges. This trail is fun for little ones and dogs. We hiked along Elephant, Church and Mink trail which pretty much connects with each other. Did not get to hike the trails across the lake though. Rented cabin for the weekend. Beautiful in the fall.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

This was a really nice, well-defined trail. We did it with our two dogs after doing Haycock Mtn first. We will be back to test out more of this trail.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Saturday, February 04, 2017

nice quiet walk with my dog.nice views.of the lake.nice bike trail.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Great for biking, not so much for hiking.

Path is very narrow, and everything from the obstacles to bumps in the road indicate it was for cyclists. Everyone was nice but all but one person was a cyclist and I started to feel like I was in their way.

Apart from feeling out of place the trail was incredibly beautiful, almost entirely in the woods and shaded, and easy to follow. I won't be walking it again but if I ever get comfortable doing off-road biking I will certainly be back. Highly recommend this one to cyclists.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

We group of 5 initially planned to go to Franklin Parker Preserve. But due to the weather, we had to change our plans. And i am glad we picked Nockamixon. Its one and half hr drive from jersey city. Though the Park office were closed on weekend the Rangers were very helpful in guiding us the way to trail.

Even though everyone are beginners in our group, we were able to complete Coldspot and Hammer trail (total of 4 miles) in 1 and half hour. The climate was just right neither cold not hot. We saw only a couple of bikers on the hike other than them there were no one else. But there were lot of flies in the woods. make sure to take insect repellent when you go. Keep some water for hydration and few snacks. Overall it was a good trip and we enjoyed a lot.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

I love this lake. It's great location to hike and kayak and spend good quality time with family and friends.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Great. There were a lot of animals for me to see and the running trails weren't too challenging, even for a beginner.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

love it, always a good time!

Friday, September 12, 2014

We did some loops of the red, blue, green, yellow, and combination trails. Once we moved from the yellow/green to the green, there were very poor markings, and we ended up bagging on doing a couple of loops because we couldn't find trail markers. That being said - it was a really nice hike. The trails aren't particularly difficult, and just about everything leads to a water source, you'll see lots of families and dogs having a good time running through the streams. The forests are nice, it's just a really easy and great way to spend a day.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The trail to the dam is a mountain bike trail, well marked and mostly shade covered if you stay by the lake. Great hike, mostly flat, with beautiful views if the lake.
Not difficult.