Nockamixon State Park Loop Trail

Nockamixon State Park Loop Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Quakertown, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

whitewater kayaking

Nockamixon Park is 5,286-acres big featuring a 1,450-acre Lake great for canoeing, kayaking, or fishing. The lake is open to boating and fishing 24 hours a day and the park is open sunrise to sunset. The park has an good amount of attractions and can be slightly crowded in the summer near the more public areas. the park does not allow swimming in the lake but does offer use of the pool. Perhaps one of the greatest trails (though there are many) is the new mountain biking trail off of Tower road. While the trail is still considered to be under construction by Valley Mountain Bikers (the club responsible for building this awesome trail) it is typically open (except for extreme weather). The trail is approximately 8.5 miles featuring varying degrees of difficulty.

nice quiet walk with my dog.nice views.of the lake.nice bike trail.

Great for biking, not so much for hiking.

Path is very narrow, and everything from the obstacles to bumps in the road indicate it was for cyclists. Everyone was nice but all but one person was a cyclist and I started to feel like I was in their way.

Apart from feeling out of place the trail was incredibly beautiful, almost entirely in the woods and shaded, and easy to follow. I won't be walking it again but if I ever get comfortable doing off-road biking I will certainly be back. Highly recommend this one to cyclists.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

We group of 5 initially planned to go to Franklin Parker Preserve. But due to the weather, we had to change our plans. And i am glad we picked Nockamixon. Its one and half hr drive from jersey city. Though the Park office were closed on weekend the Rangers were very helpful in guiding us the way to trail.

Even though everyone are beginners in our group, we were able to complete Coldspot and Hammer trail (total of 4 miles) in 1 and half hour. The climate was just right neither cold not hot. We saw only a couple of bikers on the hike other than them there were no one else. But there were lot of flies in the woods. make sure to take insect repellent when you go. Keep some water for hydration and few snacks. Overall it was a good trip and we enjoyed a lot.

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Thursday, February 25, 2016

I love this lake. It's great location to hike and kayak and spend good quality time with family and friends.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Great. There were a lot of animals for me to see and the running trails weren't too challenging, even for a beginner.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

love it, always a good time!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014