Nixon Park

Nixon Park is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Springfield, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

My husband and I headed here one Sunday with our 5 and 8 year old girls for a fun family hike. We are from TN and are use to hiking more strenuous trails, that generally lead to waterfalls. That said we knew it would not compare so I kept an open mind as I am a lover of all nature. The start of the trail looked too manmade which was a turn off. My husband was the first to point it out and to be honest, he hikes for me and is not super observant or a devout nature lover himself. Once we got past that initial part the trail became more organic and from what I can tell looks as though it would be beautiful in late spring when all is in bloom. Over all it was a nice escape from our normal view but nothing I’m eager to go back to soon either.

Well maintained, fun

This is the ideal spot for a family hike. I've come here multiple times with my 5 and 8 year old to hike around the various trails. This is a great spot for bird watchers and wildlife observation. The nature center is a nice added bonus for the kids (and adults) for visiting at the beginning or end of your hike. Park hours are dawn to dusk; Nature Center hours are Tues-Sat 8:30am-4:30pm, Sunday noon-4:30pm and closed on Mondays.