New Freedom - York Country Heritage Rail Trail

New Freedom - York Country Heritage Rail Trail is a 10.6 mile point-to-point trail located near New Freedom, Pennsylvania and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, road biking, and mountain biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Fun time for kids- lots to look at!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Great for biking or walking! It is a beautiful trail and I definitely will tell you to go on the trail if your into the outdoors.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

My wife and I have biked the entire trail several times. I take the kids on day trips and we do 6 to 10 miles sections at a time. Mostly level, some gentle inclines, packed gravel and well care for. Very nice trail for young ones to ride on. Great trail for biking, hiking, nature watching, birding, and picnics!

Friday, August 02, 2013

Easy ride. Packed gravel the whole way. Some road crossings where walking your bike across is not a bad idea. No big hills even grade the whole way.

Friday, October 21, 2011

I took several videos of this trail using a flip video camcorder. You can view them on YouTube by searching under my username: gplayer01, or York Heritage Rail Trail. I rode the trail from York down to the Mason Dixon Line (past New Freedom) and back. It was a super hot day, but a good and easy ride.

recorded Rails