Neshaminy State Park

Neshaminy State Park is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bensalem Township, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 39 feet Route Type: Loop

Trail was very nice and easy! Pretty flat and so many options to make the loop short or long. You can walk around the loop at least three times with different views each trip. No signs of ticks on us or dogs post walk.

Beautiful and easy walk leading around Delaver river. Took less than 30 power walk.

Nice easy trail with water access. Great trail for working on training with your dog as this park offers lots of distractions.

I live 4 miles from the park, I bike to the park, I recommend it to ride a bike, it has a nice path

Monday night bbq and hike with My Love

Nice park. Tucked away off state road. Fairly easy paths to navigate. Saw some deer off the path my first trip. Park fairly empty for first few hours then crowd comes but not bad. Path usually not crowded as most that visit are picnicking.

We were looking for a nearby park for a New Year’s Day hike with kids and dog. Took a gamble on this one and we were really pleased. This park is a “hidden gem” - miles of wooded trails tucked away alongside 95. The River Walk Trail offers lots of opportunities to explore the waterfront along the river/creek and learn about the estuary’s wildlife. Trail was a little muddy but very manageable. Also pretty flat. The trail as shown on the AllTrails listing is a little confusing, particularly the “loop” portion at the midway point. We started on the outside loop, walking along the water (first the river, then the creek). The “loop” area on the trail map is actually a really cool place to explore, but there really is no formal trail to follow. Would definitely recommend checking that portion out - a cool spot to walk around with kids/dogs - sandy with interesting flora including some neat black trumpet mushrooms. The trails in the park are not well marked, and there are a fair number of “branch” trails off the main one, so we did follow the AllTrails app map to stay on track. There were also some confusing signs in the park itself regarding hunting/safety. Some signs indicated that hunting was occurring, some that there was no hunting. One sign did say that the area we walked through recommended that people wear fluorescent clothing - a little late in the hike to find that out!! Overall this was a great spot to hike and discover some natural beauty in an area that a lot of people might not expect it.

nice local walk. nice river view for a bit, and you can see Center City from here.

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Easy nice trail with some river views

Saturday, August 04, 2018

Easy walk - park was crowded, but trails had only a little traffic

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

small, easy, enough friendly people

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Always a good walk along the river trail.

Monday, July 24, 2017

nice and quiet peaceful if you get there as soon as the park opens but after that too noisy with kids not a great place if looking for secluded hiking trails.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

My mothers memorial bench has a home here "Carolyn M Stoutenger". Rest in Peace pretty lady. 10/11/53-03/03/13

Sunday, November 13, 2016

I've gone here since I was a little girl with my family, although we don't spend much time there lately...it's a beautiful as ever when we go!!!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I give 2.5 rounded up to 3. It's not bad and probably ideal for the family with kids. There are lots of covered eating areas, picnic tables and benches. It is clean and in pretty good shape. However I wasn't too excited about anything here. There are some nice spots right along the Delaware River, and the view of Philadelphia in the distance is cool. It's probably not a bad place to run. As previously stated this is a nice walk to do with the little ones. If you're looking for a more wooded area and varying levels of trail challenges, you should look elsewhere.

paddle sports
Friday, September 23, 2016

This is a park that seems to have potential for so much more than what I did. We had kayaks and it was a blast. Saw a great blue heron take off and land. I gave 4 stars but it is probably 5. I just did not experience the whole park yet.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Great view.!! Couldn't let my dog off the leash even if she was trained because park rangers won't let you. But still a great place for a walk.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Nice walk around the water and great view of the city of Philadelphia

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Great park.my fav place to walk.

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Awesome hiking trails along the river. Heard their is a few eagles nearby but i haven't seen them yet! Enjoy!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

This is a hidden gem. Is not a huge hiking trail park but it has the Delaware river to enjoy. On a clear day you can see center city. Their is one trail that takes you into the state park where picnics can take place underneath the beautiful lush green trees. Listen to the river while relaxing underneath a tree. Theirs also a huge swimming pool center. Theirs a $8 fee for entry. The state park has no entry fee, so is free! This park is good for biking as well. Is really safe and clean. Hope my review was helpful :) God bless

recorded Neshaminy State Park