National Road Heritage Park Tour: Washington to Eckhart Mines

National Road Heritage Park Tour: Washington to Eckhart Mines is a 90 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Washington, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips and scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

11958 feet
Point to Point

scenic driving

I thoroughly enjoyed exploring the southwestern Pennsylvania countryside on a picturesque fall day three years ago. There are many wonderful points of interest along (or just off) the National Pike. The spectacular Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and the Fort Necessity National Battlefield are just two miles a part in Farmington. And in between these two stops, take route 381 a short distance north to scenic Ohiopyle State Park...and just further to Frank Lloyd Wright's world-famous Fallingwater house (which was the highlight of the entire trip for me).

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A beautiful ride on a beautiful day. I needed to get to my destination or I could have spent a couple days on this road.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

It is a beautiful drive whether you are into the history or not. And the parks are nice too. I spent a little time at Fort Necessity. I have been through here before but usually at night and never took the time to enjoy it before. Next time through I will allow even more.