Mullens View

Mullens View is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nanticoke, Pennsylvania that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A nice hike to a lake and a view Thie hike follows the stream leaving the Hanover Reservoir, past a subsided mine and up to a nice view of the lake and the Wyoming Valley.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

I went on this walk yesterday, used the access point detailed by the previous reviewer. It's basically a place to ride ATVs, and the small little side trails take you to an access road (2, sometimes 3 cars wide) which stretches on for no more than 2 miles. I believe it was built for large construction vehicles. It ends at a large construction site, with multiple ground levelings happening, possibly a culdesac or shopping center in the works. The road itself is very wide and nice to walk down if you're looking to get some sun. But as for a scenic hike, this is not that. Once you reach the end there are signs stating Private Property, No Treaspassing. I also walked down to the other end where I found the true access point off the side of a road. If you're an ATV enthusiast, this is the place for you! There are multiple branches of little trails that come off the access road that lead back into it, or spit you out. But if you're looking for a nice scenic walk or a challenging hike, this isn't the one.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

A short trail unfortunately mostly seems used by atvs. I've hiked and ran through the trail a couple times and have never seen anything but atvs oh and a snake. I'm not sure if it's rumor or not but my neighbor also told me she has seen wild dogs here too (she said coyotes but I'm not really sure if this area has coyotes) and so stopped going on the trail itself. Also it's not a well marked or we'll populated trail so be mindful of this when going. You can find the start of the trail behind the tennis courts at the park on front and epsy streets in Nanticoke. From there you'll go through some woods then a big paved area then take one of the openings in the field on the right. You'll go up a big open field with a gorgeous view. And then into the woods again. I've never completed the trail I've always gone out and back... Enough for an hour or so of trail running. I much prefer the Appalachian trail or rickets Glen but this trail is okay in a pinch.