Mount Minsi via Appalachian Trail

Mount Minsi via Appalachian Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike along the AT with good views of Mt. Tammany and the Del River Gap. I would make this an out and back, coming back on the AT instead of the Fire road.

First time hiking this trail. Overall great hike. Not a lot of foot traffic and a nice hike. It’s a little icy out there at this time of year, so be sure to wear proper footwear.

Beautiful woods and views of the gap. Good moderate afternoon hike.

First 2 miles is all uphill! Keep going to get the view. Super quiet on the weekdays.

I love this hike. Especially on the weekdays when no one is around. It's less busy than the Mount Tammany side(and easier)

I think this trail is great! It’s a little tougher than “moderate” imho. But the views are fantastic!

Amazing hike!

Took rocky path up to summit - nice views but heavily trafficked on weekend. Took fire road down (boring). Overall a decent hike

I went to (what I believe to be) this trail with my husband and a few friends and my dog. While I’m not the most in shape person I’m also not the most out of shape either. This is rated as moderate but there were some areas of the trail that I definitely would have rated higher than that. Some sections were very vertical and one in particular I remember we had to climb a large rock that didn’t have much of a path into it. It was a beautiful view. But we also went in early March so there was still snow on the ground beginning to melt making it more difficult. Overall an okay trail.

When you reach the small building at the top, I'd recommend continuing down the fire road a bit. There is another very nice overlook on the left. It is about 20-30 yards off the trail. I missed it going out, but saw it on the way back.

A great hike up the mountain, took the Appalachian trail up and came down the Fire Trail. I should have paused my recording at the lookout point at Vista...I showed I dropped to NJ. :/ Views were great...Trail was a great shape and marked.

does anyone know if November 4th will be too late too hike and see the fall foliage?

Great trail, but honestly, I'd rate it as difficult. I have a very active German Shepherd well accustomed to hiking and he had a tough time navigating some of the trail. There are many steep climbs over glacial rocks, but there are also amazing views!

Pleasant loop, decent view at the overlook. When you come to the first fork, definitely go left to the narrower trail loop and come down the wider one to the right

Not bad, but I wish there had been better views... you can't really see anything from the summit and all of the lookout points feature views of the adjacent freeway.

I am writing this 5 months late and I don't remember this being a loop, so perhaps we went back the wrong way!

We went on an early, rainy morning, so fortunately we did not come across the crowd that many others have written about. What we did see A LOT of were these tiny, orange salamander looking creatures.We made it a game to name each one of them :) The hike was definitely moderate; not too easy, not too hard. The lookout point overseeing the Delaware River was unreal. Because we were the only ones there, we took our time and ate our lunch in peace.

After hiking the trail even further, we got to the point though where we just had to turn back, otherwise we wold have continued on the AT -- so this is the part that confuses me about this being categorized as a loop.

We'll probably go back to figure out where we went wrong...or simply to enjoy the trail again, but it was seriously a lot of fun :)

Lots of views, creek, good proper hike!

This is a great hike along the Appalachian Trail. Incredible views and a great workout. Check out my full write up that includes directions and things to look out for.

Not a ton to see here compared to Mt. Tammany but that said, it was a much less crowded hike which was nice. Took true White Trail up which got more strenuous and the fire trail back down. Overall decent but views limited.