Learn more

Moosic Mountain Loop is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jessup, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 341 feet Route Type: Loop

Pretty well marked! Plenty of different paths to take. Since there are so many paths it was easy to diverge and get lost on different loops. Using the app helped immensely to stay on the right track! It was a perfect blend of rocky, woods and small creeks! It was on and off shaded. Definitely would go again!

It was our first trail we tried since it was near us, didn’t find the big waterfall that I’ve seen posted but will keep looking for it. We had a lot of laughs along the way.

Great trails for family and for MtBiking. Blueberry Trail, the loop, has almost no shade so be warned. But the left side of the Preserve is wooded and nice for kids to start out. Bruised Ego is a good trail for kids.

Good hiking with the family. Took different trails (all well marked) and ended up doing 7 miles

Our 3.5 miles turned into 7 a few detours. Could have spent all day there a little two rocky for us. Wear sunscreen I forgot mine.

It’s a nice area that has many different trails throughout it to choose from. There was not a ton of shade so if it’s a sunny day bring sunscreen because I made the mistake of not wearing any and am feeling it today. It was not very steep but still a good workout. We made a wrong turn or two and ended up going 8 miles instead of the 5 we originally planned to.

Great hike. Critters and snakes are starting to come out. Hiking shoes are the best bet.

Great way to exercise close to home. Trails are VERY rocky. Lots of mountain bikers so you have to be aware when on single track trails, especially going up hill. I've been hiking here for 3.5 years regularly with my dog and have run into bear 4 times. I've had others tell me watch out for momma bear and 2 cubs seen here this week so be on high alert!! Also, there's been lots of ticks lately so dress appropriately.

Great well marked trails with beautiful views along the way! The waterfall loop was our absolute favorite, yet the other trails had their own characteristics to offer. The lovely stone pathway on Stonehenge trail was peaceful and overall the cairns helped guide the way.

a really nice hike..& a perfect hike during social distancing. several different types of terrain and waterfall trail is great trail for mountain biking.

I did part of the blueberry trail, very well marked and incredibly easy to follow. downsides were the trail being close to the highway and not much of a view (from the small part I did) although you can clearly see the mountains on a sunny day which was nice. I'd say this is great for families or if you're looking for an easy trail to go on.

Love this place.

I took a 6 mile loop that was a little more difficult. Still a very nice trail however places are not very well marked and takes a little bit more effort to determine the right route. Overall a fun trail to hike.