Moon Lake Trails is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 482 feet Route Type: Loop

some pretty fun little single tracks. trails are poorly marked no good maps available that i could find

Decent trail not to much uphill decent dh

Awesome trail with tons of options

Wonderful trail! we tried to follow someone else's recording, but it skipped the lake and I wanted to see it. I hiked this with my 2 year old he didn't do so bad. (helps when dad carries you half way.) campsites are huge and I'm definitely going to try and rv camp here soon. Lots and lots of people fishing. we will definitely be back. Oh and if you're a bike rider this is definitely the place for you!

This was a nice nature trail but the trail and map separated several times. The trail was muddy in a few spots but the view of the lake by Skinny Trail was nice.

A nice winding trail through the woods. Easy to follow with a map, but without one it could be difficult to follow. The trail runs through some beautiful white pine and Hemlock stands. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice moderate hike through the woods!

icy

The trail was nice and secluded and the park has some decent amenities, but the trail was very confusing at times. I feel like I spent more time staring at my phone trying to navigate then I did looking at the nature around me. A few times I wasn't even on a trail just bush whacking my way through trying to pick back up on where I left off.

Trails are not marked. We couldn't find any trail head, so started on the path around the lake, but it abruptly ends in the woods. We bushwacked our way through the woods hoping it would pick up again but all we found were old hangout spots with litter. The lake was beautiful, just wish the trails were better.

Mountain biked Moon Lake today. Loved the trails... Nature’s Way and the Ledge were my fave...after that we got lost. Trails are not marked at all. This is truly my only complaint about this place. I love it here otherwise.

Sat Apr 27 2019

Great trails for mountain biking but unfortunately too poorly marked for a good day hike. Spent more time staring at the all trails app figuring out where I was than I would like.

Tue Apr 09 2019

Very clean. Went with two young dogs who loved the trail.

Thu Aug 23 2018

The trail was pleasant however poorly marked...

Sun Jul 15 2018

lots of rocks and switch backs moon lake trail crew doing a great job bringing the trails back to life. Follow moon lake trail crew on Instagram for updates.

Wed Aug 23 2017

Old trails some are marked some arent...Followed someone else's map for most of the time...at spots trails just drop off...Mostly used for off road bike trails...many of them intertwined throughout the park...Trails are being updated Enjoyed the hike...would recommend it.

Tue Apr 11 2017

I wish I could rate this higher. The trail itself is pretty well maintained and traveled by a lot of mountain bikers. However there are so many side trails which have poor or no labels that it's easy to get lost. I found myself constantly checking my phone to see if I was on the right trail or not. If it was better marked, I would have given it a higher rating.

Fri Sep 02 2016

abandoned

Thu Mar 10 2016

Beautiful landscape, lack of road and building maintenance due to lack of funding, but trails are in remarkably good shape. Some of the trails are scantily marked in certain areas and the sheer number of trails makes it relatively easy to get on the wrong trail if you aren't careful.