Monocacy Hill Trail

Monocacy Hill Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Birdsboro, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Mountain Biking is not allowed during the months of April and May.

Peaceful and clean.... A friend told me about this place and I am glad she did. Nice hideaway Hazel__eyes .

Great little area in a place you wouldn’t expect. There are several trails for all different levels and the Monocacy Hill trail itself is a lot more challenging than you’d expect.

Love it! Great for kids and has a beautiful stream

Our favorite here is the Creek Trail! It’s perfect for kids.

Would say Easy rather than moderate. Trails very well marked, so that's a plus. Woods are nice but didn't have much particularly scenic features/vistas.

This might be my new favorite spot. I've done almost all the trails now. The trek up the hill on the white trail is a little brutal if you haven't done steep hills in a while. The rocks are sturdy going up, and ny dog did them with ease (but hes also part billy goat) Trails are clearly marked, and there's fun little side things, like a few big boulders to sit on top of and tree stump stepping stones and graffiti on some old building .. it's got a bit of everything.

My 8 and 9 year old explored this trail with me and we had a blast. We did the Hill Trail and the Railbed Trail. Seems like Railbed might get very muddy after recent rain, but we ended up there on a great day. Cant wait to go back!

Great hike with a beautiful view for the reward. The climb up is a little challenging but def manageable. Good family hike option. Wear boots bc trail is rocky and muddy in many areas

Great trails! We were surprised by how steep the Monocacy Hill Trail was - what a great workout! And there were little waterfalls along the Creek Trail! Highly recommend - will definitely be going back :)

Very nice and scenic hike with beautiful views. Alot of rock scrambling to get to the top of the mountain. Heart pumping climb but not to hard.

Nice hike. Climbing up the Monacacy Hill trail will get your heart rate up a bit, but overall I'd say it's an easier moderate trail. Very well marked trailheads and distance markers. Went on a lovely April weekend day and only crossed paths with 5 other hikers over 2 hours. Very peaceful! Especially at the top vista looking out over the fields. Would be a good trail to do with kids--enough to keep interested with rocks and some boardwalk spots, but not too difficult or long.

Scenic and beautiful in the snow. took the hard way up, but was great exercise.

A really nice area. My first time there today. Many trails off the main 2 1/2 mile loop. Looking forward to going back and hiking up the Monocacy Hill trail. The view at the top is supposed to be awesome!

This hike has a little bit of everything! There is a stream, a view, and some history. If you grab a map you can easily navigate your way through every section of this area in a day. This is a very well maintained, relaxing hike. There are picnic tables and bathrooms at the trailhead which is always nice. If you are a female in interested in hiking with other females join our hiking group on FB and be invite to monthly meetups with other women! https://www.facebook.com/groups/GirlsWhoHikePA/

great hike close to home. We started out from parking lot and took creek trail. Then tied into Monocacy Hill trail and followed white blazes up the mountain. It was cloudy but the views were nice. Definitely got the heart rate up.

Not too difficult and great view!

very well maintained, take the creek trail (lots of wood features)

Used this trail for a run while travelling. Routes are well marked and traffic was light. Side trails can easily add a couple miles to your route as well. Worth the trip!

Great hike down Creek Trail with my son. If you have kids make sure you get the Scavenger Hunt sheet at the head of the trail...kept him interested and reduced whining.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

This is my favorite place to hike. There's a beautiful view on the Monocacy Trail

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Great view at the top!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

This was my first real trail after recovering from a severe ankle sprain a month prior, I only did the hill hike but there are a number of other low level trails to check out. This was a 2 mile hike and about 50 min of moving time, there is only one real lookout on top but it's a good one and it was only 15 minutes to the top from parking. I would imagine you could pull off looking at the sunset here and make it back if you double back before it gets too dark. This is a fairly easy trail but it is more moderate at the top with rocks. Very well maintained and marked.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

I really like this trail! It's easy and has a great view! Can do the whole thing in one visit.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Easiest trail I've ever done did all the trails in two hours

Saturday, June 10, 2017

loved this area. you could probably hike all the trails here in one day. they are very short and not too hard. monocacy hill trail is the one with the awesome view. cool old remains there where you get a little lesson in history.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

nice views

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Ran the trail last Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was very quiet as it was wet and drizzling. Was able to find my way around with no problems at all as the trails are well marked and easy to see. Between both runs did all of the trails other than the rail trail. Lots of rocks and some roots make it slightly challenging, especially going up the main monocacy hill trail and near the top it is almost impossible to run at all as you are going from rock to rock. Lots of leaves down right now doesn't help either. Sunday was much nicer and was a lot more crowded but still had almost the entire creek trail to myself. Monocacy trail was quite crowded with a ton of people on the top so had to wait in line a little bit. Very challenging run going up the hill, harder than Misery in my opinion with the steepness and the amount of rocks. Overall, really happy and this is now one of my go to places for trail running. View up top was awesome!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Nice trails. Good for novice to intermediate riders. All trails good to bike except the top portion of the White trail. Worth the hike up though to see the view.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Lit

Sunday, June 05, 2016

I was pleasantly surprised at how great this place was for family mountain biking. I have two daughters, ages 10 and 12. All of the low trails were perfect for us. There were plenty of challenging down hills, climbs, and rock gardens. We did not get to explore all of the trails, but we hope to in the near future. The Monocacy Hill trail to the top is a good climbing challenge. Once you get to the very top, it was unrideable for us. We hiked about 50 yards to the overlook, then we came back down the same way we went up. Note that mountain biking is not allowed during the months of April and May.