Mingo Creek County Park Loop Trail

Mingo Creek County Park Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile loop trail located near Eighty Four, Pennsylvania and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, fishing, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My favorite running spot!!!!

Been going here for 20 years! Simply love it!

this is a great little park...but i agree with the others. the off road trails can be difficult to navigate because they lack the markers.

i do a fair amount of trail running there which makes it fun because you dont know where youll end up.

should be a volunteer group together to mark the trails.

i go 1 - 2 times per week

The park is gorgeous. It has many beautiful views. It consists of hiking trails, biking, walking sections ect. I attempted the hiking trail and after over an hour of no trail markers, had to turn back. Many of the trails split and circle with no indication of the road or a new trail. I still feel the area is very pretty but the hiking trails need markers.

Good

Good walk

Fairly easy trail. My dog especially likes it.

Steep climbs in several spots. The scenery is lush green in summer months and falls brings a beautiful display of colors. It's nice to know there is a place one can escape to that is not dotted with buildings. Quiet. Not usually crowded. I wish it were longer, however.

The trails are not well marked but there are some nice views. You can make your hike as hard or as easy as you like. I'll definitely go back to that park.

This wasn't actually a loop trail...it was a 2.8 mile stretch and you had to go out and back. It was nice...a mix of shade and sun and not too crowded. I walked the paved trail but noticed some hiking trails through the woods off the main one. Lots of folks with dogs (on leash only) and bicycles.

Beautiful densely wooded county park. huge off leash dog area, much nicer than South Park. There are a decent amount of long trails with moderate elevation, suitable for afternoon hike or walk with the dog! many picnic areas in the park off the trails.

Exciting afternoon! I walked my dog up in the observatory area. We even did a bit of the perimeter trail. On the way down, on the level part walking back to the car, a deer ran out of the woods chased by three coyotes right in front of us. A backpacker who hikes up there had told me she heard a pack of coyotes howling. Well, now I have proof!

I have hiked around Mingo Creek Park since I was a child. Recently I have been hiking in the observatory/group campground area a lot with my dog. I do not see the perimeter trail as something you hike all at once. I agree with some of the reviews below that parts of it are poorly marked, muddy, and dangerous. There are so many trails all over the park. There are great trails up by the observatory, including parts of the perimeter trail. I'd say walk bits and pieces of the perimeter trail at a time as parts of other walks.

Trail very poorly marked. Numerous unmarked trails intersect trail and trail meanders through meadows and road crossing with no markings to indicate correct direction. Potentially dangerous as many trails go onto private property that is logged. A major headache. Trail is not 5 miles (at least twice that). Muddy in places. It would be a very nice hike if someone would mark the trail properly. Would not recommend it unless you have all day to compensate for all the wrong turns you will take.

Today I hiked the entire perimeter (horse) trail. Its about 13.5 miles. Its a tough trail. Total climb was just under 2000'. Very muddy now; trekking poles were necessary. Great workout, though. Constant up and down.

Very nice park. I hiked over 11 miles, over most of the park. Great scenery, and some challenging hills. Lots of fun. Also tons of paved trails for biking. I will definitely stop by again, when I'm in the area.