Middle Creek Elders Run Trail

Middle Creek Elders Run Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stevens, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A nice loop hike with some old ruins at about the halfway point A nice little two hour hike. From the trailhead immediately go right and follow the yellow blazes (this portion is on the Horseshoe Trail). The first portion is all uphill, but it's easily managed, even with young children. Take a left at the "big" intersection to go onto the Elders Run trail. The ruins will be on your right after you've gone a couple of hundred yards. Take another left after crossing the bridge and follow the stream back to your starting point. The trail can be muddy (and buggy) at times so wear appropriate footwear and bring bug repellant!

we went late morning with our 5 year old and black lab. we had a great hike, stopped off for some lunch we packed in a nice clearing. it would get a 5☆, however the one section for about 10 minutes was very over grown with brier bushes. other than that, I would defiantly hike it again !

Parked at the visitor center, which is very nice and worth checking out. First segment was through field of wildflowers then eventually got into the woods. Overall a very nice hike with some cool views of Middle Creek and Elder's Run down in the southern part of the loop. There are some steep inclines/declines and I would definitely rate this as moderate as opposed to "Easy". I was glad to have picked up a brochure with the trail maps. Using that and the All Trails app certainly helped with our navigation as some of the trails are oddly marked or not marked at all. There are also a lot of tempting offshoots but we decided to stay the course and stick with the plan.

Relatively easy hike. Two children along for the hike.
The views are beautiful. The trails in this area are very well kept but not always well marked.

Nice trail. Easy terrain and dog friendly.

Easy trail, beautiful along the creek, not much elevation, very nice for an easy hike.

Trail was extremely easy and more towards the boring side, completed in no time. I took my 2 shepherds with me, the trail was tiny and rocky at times, common for PA but terrible for taking 2 huge dogs and they were covered in ticks when we left. The trail is marked, but not incredibly well, but it's also hard to miss where you're going. I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back.

great trail but can get confusing on the loop . not for beginners! terrain is unstable and large portions are uphill. scenic and cool hidden treasures along the way. wear bug spray for ticks and mosquitoes! recommended age 8 and up!