Kildoo Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portersville, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

rock climbing

scenic driving

beach

This trail is a combination of the Alpha Pass Trail at the northern end of the park that follows the creek to the Old Mill. After the Old Mill the Kildoo Trail makes up the McConnell's Mill State Park Trail.

Walked the loop this morning. Some places are a bit of a challenge but, enjoyed every step.

This trail is nice if you want to appreciate the foliage or water. The trail is lower in the mountains, so don’t expect a scenic overlook, but the stream next to it provides beautiful rock formations in blue-green water. At a fast pace, you’ll feel tuckered out by the end!

So far my favorite place in PA!!

Loved it.
Cant wait to go back again.
My 8 yr old grandsons first hike. He had a Great time

If somebody asked me “what is the best first trail for me to hike near Pittsburgh?”, I would say “Kildoo Trail”. This is a great length; it requires you to work hard, but it’s not overwhelming; and the scenery is BEAUTIFUL. The terrain is steep, but manageable. Definitely wear boots and take water. And on nice days, be ready to share the trail with others ‘cause it gets CROWDED. But it is a beautiful hike that you will love!

So many nice little spots to relax by the little river.

Lots of wildlife, Flowers, beautiful boulders, waterfalls, covered bridge and a working Old Mill. Good hike a little rocky and muddy in spots. Probably my Favorite trails in Pennsylvania

Short Video of some of the Trail

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. During our trip the trees provided a wonderful canopy from the rain and the hot summer sun for most of it. Great trail with some exciting challenges throughout.

Just hiked this today with my dog (4 month old lab). He loved it just as much as I did. Definitely recommend this trail for someone who’s looking for a beautiful hike with a slight challenge to it. One of the best in the area in my opinion!

Great hike, lots of rocks and tree roots to keep you in your toes. A stop in the Grist mill is definitely a plus. I’m just sad that I didn’t do this hike sooner. I will definitely do it again.

Did the trail this morning with 4 kids 5 and under. All were able to make the whole trail walking on their own. It was definitely tricky in spots, and you have to be careful on the narrow spots. But it was absolutely beautiful. Multiple waterfalls along the way, interesting wildlife, and gorgeous scenery along the river the whole way. Definitely worth it!

great views, one side of trail is a little tougher than the other but great just the same

Always enjoyable. Beautiful scenery.

Gorgeous scenery, hike loop is short but a good workout, easy to access, close to cities.
PLEASE NOTE - very dangerous, slippery rocks (hence the creek name) next to whitewater current creek. Respect the dangers and stay on the trail.

Great hike, like lots of others said, just watch your footing. My (newly) 4 year old hiked the whole trail, with me holding her hand for most of the uneven terrain but enough space for me to walk with her. My husband had our 2 year old in a backpack carrier. She did the flatter areas at the beginning and end by both bridges. Kids loved the little waterfalls and saw a newt.

Had a great hike on this trail, even stretched over to backend of Slippery Rock Gorge trail, another fun hike. This one has a nice trade off; while there are few uphill “pushes” one must be aware as it consistent in its embedded rocks and endless winding tree roots. Stay aware! But get yourself on this trail soon.

Had so much fun with my 4 boys on this trail! We spent some extra time crawling around on the rocks, playing on the beach, and watching kayakers.

Great hike, rocky so you definitely need to watch your footing. But beautiful views the whole way.

This was a great hike. Lots of rocky terrain, my Girl and I took our dog and had a blast.. backside of the loop has a lot more rocky terrain and climbing. Great photo spots along the way.

Absolutely beautiful hike with loads of scenic spots. the one side of the trail may be harder especially for kids, but is easily passable.

Nice scenery but very heavily trafficked. To many people for me.

great view.

Great loop walking along the creek the entirety of the hike. Easy-moderate. Not much elevation change except at beginning/end, but there are a few squirrelly spots with slippery rock in narrow passages (pun intended). Definitely muddy and some points where our boots got wet from shallow running water down the hill.

It’s a nice little hike. Even with several inches of snow on the ground. It’s absolutely beautiful!

Beautiful rock formations, well kept trails. I can't wait to go back.

This was out first time on this trail and we were pleasantly surprised. The views are beautiful and the trail intices you to get close to the waters edge. I am looking forward to coming back when the sun is HOT, but even with the cool temps I worked up a sweat.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Beautiful scenery the entire trail! Bring your trekking sticks! ?

Sunday, September 10, 2017

fun, scenic & challenging. very crowded but it's a holiday. access to the trail was closed for repairs, but found a work around. cool to visit the old mill & covered bridge.