Point to Point

rock climbing

bridge out

old growth

Incredible trail with varying difficulties all throughout. 9/17 - 9/22 with a day break at World's End SP. I wished I didn't take a break since I did it by myself, I felt like I was just wasting time at World's End. I wouldn't trust mile markers. After a while I just assumed that I was at least an eighth or a quarter mile behind what the mile marker said. Great shoes and poles are a must! There were handful of muddy trails that made me wish I had hiking boots instead of trail runners. Many primitive camp site options every 5 to 10 miles. I stayed at all the potential campsites mentioned in the trail guide book and they were all excellent with fire rings and close proximity to water source. So many breathtaking vistas! I can't wait to go back to see all the beautiful parts of the trail and fully enjoy it. If you are starting from western end, you can leave your car/gear at Little bear creek road lot. Walk 1.5 miles to the trail head, and do the most difficult part of the trail without your gear as you'll pass the parking lot after about 4 miles in the trail. I highly encourage doing this as the first few miles will absolutely kick your butt. With AT&T I had spotty signals for first day or two then absolutely nothing until I was about 4~5 miles from finish. At World's End they have a public phone that you can either make collect call (landline only no cell#) or use calling card. At ranger station, the lady was nice enough to let me use the office phone to let my wife know that I was doing ok. Be prepared! and enjoy!