Long Mountain Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boalsburg, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,617 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Decent enough trail though seems to be inconsistently maintained. The eastern ascent up the hill is mostly wide grassy path, but there are several portions where is overgrown somewhat. There is somewhat of a view at the clearing line, but that's it. The rest of the portion down to Thickhead Mountain road was more narrow but much clearer.

WARNING: I do not believe the Colon Fall Line Trail is a valid path anymore. I just did the Long Mountain Trail and was planning to take that trail down to Stone Creek Rd. However, when I got to the spot where AllTrails shows the trail, I could not locate any path, blazes or signage where the Colon Fall Line Trail should have been nor anywhere else on the trail. I found this to be the case on couple trails I took as part of a big loop (ex: Shingle Path...<shudders>).