Little Lehigh Parkway Trail

Little Lehigh Parkway Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Allentown, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My favorite local run ... pick your distance.

I grew up in Allentown and this is the first time I made it here. I can't believe what I have missed!

Walked about 1.5 miles today with a bad foot. Loved the sounds of birds and airplanes taking off from Queen City Airport. Looking forward to more walks in the parkway!!

Awesome place to run or do a variety of family activities. There's not much elevation for a real hike in the woods, but it's exceptional in every other aspect. You almost forget you're in Allentown. Except sometimes the smell of sewage will smack you in the face near the j pipes. Oh, and they mowed down 2-3 acres of trees a few years ago. Also, the bathrooms are kind of rapey. Still in Allentown.

This is one of my favorite go to hikes that with its numerous cross-overs you can tailor to your exact duration. I normally do the 5 mile, but look forward to going back in the spring/summer/fall and doing the longer stretch. And the stream is so tempting, I'm definitely going to fly fish it in the summer.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Gorgeous scenery!

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Allentown has done a terrific job maintaining the gem of Lehigh Valley Parks. The wall collapse was repaired with meticulous detail, the water smell issues have been eliminated, and the Lights in the Parkway are back and better than ever for 2016. Lucky to live here!

Monday, September 26, 2016

decent trail, don't care for the horse poop or the sewer smell from time to time

Thursday, March 31, 2016

I love this place!!!!

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The best Allentown trail. So much to do and see. it is also very well maintained. This place is only a mile from center city and offers do much. Fly fishing, disc golf, biking, exercise spots and tons of wild life. Great place to go after work with your family.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

This is a very easy walking trail, but be aware that there are a couple of very smelly areas near the water that always smell like raw sewage.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

This would indeed be a family friendly trail; very serene. I completed it with ease with a jogging stroller so no major dips/damage to trail/not too steep. This trail is very clean and maintained & in the early AM of the weekday it has adult travelers (obviously) but very peaceful. There were trout fisherman by the river & quite a few gave hellos- nice atmosphere to jog/run.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

One of my favorite places to run and walk my dogs! Very peaceful and tends to be a lot of joggers on it so a safer trail to be.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Family friendly, but I enjoyed the solitude and natural beauty of the walking path .

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This is my favorite place to walk I love it there it is so fun my mom takes me there we have a fun time its dog friendly you can ride bikes