Little Flat Fire Tower

Little Flat Fire Tower is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boalsburg, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike! So very quiet. My dog and I started on Old Laurel Run Tr and linked up with the Fire Tower Rd, Midstate, Spruce Gap and Three Bridges Trails. Took us about an hour and a half, not including the time we spent wondering around the top of the ridge. Spruce Gap Trail is steeper and has loose rocks, but you can catch some glimpses of the mountain side. Weather was perfect, looked like rain but it was cloudy and breezy most of the hike. We began our hike around 5 p.m. Will do again. Accessible and fun.

Pretty steep climb with more gravel than I'd like but shady and quiet in a beautiful wooded area.

Great for a workout and mushroom viewing. Took a connecting trail at the top after the fire tower instead of walking along the road.

Challenging trail. Nice for seeing mushrooms, picking blueberries. There are few good views, however, and the fire tower is closed. Pretty mountain laurel at the start too.

Dope trail

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I would call this moderate to difficult!!! But I appreciated the challenge and stream and flowers to be seen. You can avoid the roads by taking lesser marked / upkept small trails and still do the loop.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Fun trail, difficult descent, not very populated, also a very difficult climb up. However walking on the roads at the top is very pleasant

Friday, April 29, 2016

I would not call this an easy trail for beginners, it has a little more than 1000 Ft elevation and slippery area which would be safer with hiking shoes on.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Well maintained trail. It is a cardio challenge going up. About 1,100 ft elevation gain from the trailhead to the tower. I would come the same way I came up next time, as the trail on Spruce Gap Trail is washed out and rather tricky with those smaller rocks.

Thursday, May 11, 2017