Letort Spring Run is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Carlisle, Pennsylvania that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 59 feet Route Type: Out & Back

*note my recording includes driving in the car at the end-I forgot your turn it off at first. Total hike, more like a nature walk was 4 miles, 2 miles to one end and back another 2. Whoever put in AllTrails that it’s 3 miles total is incorrect. That said it’s an enjoyable and easy walk for all ages. There is a gravel path with beautiful wildflowers and steams with birds throughout. We saw tons of people riding bikes, so next time we might bring them and make the hike quicker. Jogging strollers would easy traverse the path as well. Our only grip was that there was some traffics noise and a gravel/concrete looking industry cutting through part of it. Park at the middle school or in the far end, not where the directions take you.

Fun, super easy trail for anyone at any time of year. Some off trail exploring makes this trail awesome! Start at Lamberton Middle School. One thing worth noting was that the app directions took me to the start of trail but no place to park. Start at Lamberton Middle School.

Easy little hike! Good for walking and biking.

Nice cinder covered trail for running flat out and back. It runs along side of a stream; so, you’ll run over and under some bridges. I’ll run it again.

Trail was great, although it could be cleaned up a little bit. The trail was generally clean and there wasn’t a lot of trash. I think it is listed incorrectly in the app, as it is about 3.3 miles one way.

Easy trail, can be completed in less than an hour walking. Beautiful swampy area, so depending on time of year definitely recommend bug spray.

A cool and verdant track that serves as a great escape from the summer heat. Excellent for a quick run close to downtown Carlisle. Also good for taking the kids for a walk or a bike ride.

Thu May 09 2019

Pretty Trail. Can be some muddy spots after a good rain. Nice and wide, and flat. Great for those who want to enjoy a nice nature trail with no hills or rough terrain

Thu Apr 11 2019

very easy but wonderful trail

Wed Mar 27 2019

Beautiful Gem

Mon Oct 08 2018

Not much for scenery and lots of mosquitoes. Clean and beautiful.

Sat Sep 15 2018

Nice trail run.

Sat Aug 25 2018

wonderful tapestry after the I-81 underpass. well shaded. 3.8 miles of easy hike.

Wed Feb 28 2018

It starts at a school. We parked in a residential area and at first it wasn’t what we expected. It goes under a highway and past some houses but starts to get very pretty approaching the quarry which the trail also runs right through. The trail use to be an old railroad. The variety of sights we saw were well worth the hour drive to this little trail!

Thu Jul 20 2017

a great run route!!!

Fri Jun 16 2017

beautiful, relaxing hike

Mon Sep 05 2016

I love the scenic view and I am a beginner so this was perfect!

Thu Sep 01 2016

Great little trail by my place. It's flat and we'll maintained. Loved every moment

Mon Jul 25 2016

Flat , good for beginner hikers or families with kids

Sun Jul 17 2016

my favorite trail to run on

Sun Jan 29 2012

Newly redone. Good for hiking with the kids or running. The trail has all new bridges, trail base, and signage. I access from south spring garden street and hike to Carlisle about 2 miles. The trail does not have good parking and it kind of just ends in carlisle with no signage. I understand some property owners would not let support a row to connect the trail to letort park so it does not connect or it would be sweet with lots of parking.

recorded Letort Spring Run