Lancaster Junction Recreation Trail

Lancaster Junction Recreation Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Manheim, Pennsylvania. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking.

Junction Recreation Trail is a 2.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Salunga, Pennsylvania. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

I do this trail everyday with my daughter and her 2 dogs. We love it for the cows, horses, and sheep. The trees provide nice deep shade for the summer. It's beautiful all year round. There are nice restrooms but they aren't open in the winter- so what- we don't have to pee when it's cold outside? There are folks of all ages that use this trail and if I could change anything- this would be it.

Nice easy walk

Great running trail with a view. I trained here many tines for my half marathon.

rails trails

A good Sunday afternoon walk or bike ride. Not strenuous at all.

It's pretty boring, but that's coming from somebody who prefers single track type endeavors. If you're a mom with a stroller, or somebody who needs something for a speed workout, than its great.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Beautiful trail. I will be visiting again! It was hard for me to find the trailhead though.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Right off the Salunga exit near Spooky Nook exit. Trail is ideal for families, walkers, but very short for bicyclists. We saw parents with strollers and older folks so it's pretty easy. This is a pleasant mostly flat trail and on it you will see Amish farmland, meadows, wildflowers, woods, cows, horses, and Chickies creek. Horses are welcome.