Lamb's Gap Trail

Lamb's Gap Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Marysville, Pennsylvania and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice quick loop trail. Much easier than it's rating.

Challenging loop. Great workout. It was raining on and off while I was out which made the trail/rocks pretty slippery. As far as mountain biking goes, I’d say this trail is moderate.

The trail was great, but the 2nd part of the trail (the north section) had no markers, this was the hard part of the trail. Needed to keep looking at my GPS on this App.
Just a reminder, make sure your phone is fully charged and bring a lot of bug spray.

Not a very challenging trail. There were a few good uphill sections but not too bad. Most of the trail was overgrown so I wouldn't recommend shorts. Also a lot of the trail (especially the Darlington Trail portion) was just broken rocks, easy to slip and roll an ankle on. The worst part is the bugs, bugs and more bugs. Other than that it was an "ok" trail, nothing special though. Not very well marked. Darlington Trail marked fine but other half not well at all, easy to take the wrong trail with many side trails.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Most of this trail is treacherous. As an intermediate rider with a hard tail, the first three miles were pretty arduous, having to muscle through many rocky sections.There are a few cool features in the creek valley, but be aware for one of the bridge features is missing several planks. The hard work pays off when you get to the top of the mountain (Darlington trail) and cruise the ridge. There's a fun but rocky downhill section that ends the loop.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

always a great little trail to hit when we are looking for somewhere quick and easy to head too. If you do the loop it kinda sucks humping up that steep paved road at the end but great local spot

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Doing the loop clockwise is optimum, during the first half of the route you will be hiking on a shared route with the Darlington Trail (which is well marked). Be aware the split from Darlington is noticeable. Hiked this in August enjoyed the shade, but no views. I will be back after the leaves are gone to check out the views.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

pretty trail not as difficult as I thought. saw some deer and had fun getting lost for a bit easily found way back.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Nice trail, one tree down on trail have to go under it but overall nice trail

Sunday, July 03, 2016

good trail for geocashing!

Monday, June 06, 2016

Had a great time getting lost, then finding my way back!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

trail is not marked very well, is very steep at some parts, not very scenic, and it was difficult to find. parking area was not marked, and trail was not cleared in the state game lands forest areas so I rolled my ankle trying to maneuver through the ditches and rocks covered by the leaves. would not recommend or retry.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

I began this trail from Lamb's Gap Road parking lot and headed West on the Darlington Trail. That goes about 2.5 miles until Miller's Gap Road. It crosses there and then heads to the right. If you are paying attention to the orange markers, you see that the Darlington trail shoots off to the left and another trail goes straight. Left takes you 1.5 miles to the Appalachian trail intersection, where Darlington Trail ends. Straight keeps you on this Lamb's Gap trail. Be warned, there are no more tree markers at this point, but you can see the beaten path.

Going straight puts you out on a state game land access road. Go right, back over Miller's Gap road and then into the woods again. The trail is easy to see based on the beaten path. However after a while I felt like I was heading backwards. Keep going and you will eventually see some tree markers that are black with white dots in the middle. If you turn around you see that you came from a split trail. I kept to the right to head back to my car. Further along the markers stop and the trail splits again. I went right again. That winds around a lot, goes over a creek, and has you walking up the other mountain side that you did not come in on. It eventually shoots you out at the State Game Lands parking lot on Idle Road. Then I followed Idle Road back to Lamb's Gap to reach where I parked. Idle is pretty steep, especially for the end of your hike.

I am rating this a 5 star despite the lack of marking and guessing which paths are which. I like the varied terrain and elevation. Some parts were rocky and some were not. Most were typical forest areas. If and when I do this again, I will go the opposite direction. It was hard to figure out where I was going before with the lack of direction. There is a non motorized vehicle access crossing on Idle Road that confused me. That is not the trail entrance. You have to keep going until you get to a parking lot on the left side of Idle if you are coming from Lamb's Gap Rd.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

We only did about 3.5 miles of the trail today. A lot of wildflowers growing along the trail made if very beautiful. Very easy trail, it begins through two different fields and then continues on to the Appalachian Trail. Only one small climb and that was pretty easy as well. We found a spectacular wild orchid on the way. I would like to go back and finish the whole trail when we have more time.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

I wouldn't call it difficult. it's pretty long but it isn't steep at all. it's a very enjoyable hike. make sure you know when hunting season is and wear your orange. don't forget to respect the hunters by staying quite. chances are they've been out there a lot longer than you.

Friday, March 07, 2014

I completed this in 3 hours this afternoon. The north side wasn't too bad but south side had quite a bit of soft snow which made the trek sluggish. The weather was nice which made for an enjoyable afternoon.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A good hidden gem. could use a lil work and ridden in more but otherwise a great trail for being so close. just stay in the right area and you shouldn't have any problems with game wardens. stay away during hunting season and all will be well. there are many different trails and all are typical Pa ridding. these trails run up and down so you will get some elevation changes. there are plenty of obstacles to ride over to keep you on your toes so these are not easy trails for begginers so be careful.

Saturday, June 17, 2017