Lake Williams and Lake Redman

Lake Williams and Lake Redman is a 12.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jacobus, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Although it is not marked, this trail is sweet, offering one of the best speed hikes one could ask for -- too bad I had to cut it short. I used GPS the whole way, but that was fine; I'll take it. The trail itself made up the difference. ATTENTION: Section 1 is still closed; park ranger stopped me right in my tracks. If there is an alternative way to get to Section 7, please post your recording. Thanks.

I really liked the grassy hill challenges. Not many trails offer grass for hill climbs, so that was nice. Also, there were nice views, great shade on a sunny day, and I saw turtles. Not much for wildlife, but I'll take that, too. It is an enjoyable trail, and I would like to do the whole thing. Can't wait until Section 1 is back open unless there is an alternate way.

It’s a classic! I don’t think it’s “ hard” but I did grow up around it. Some really steep hills though and mud! Wear shoes with good tread!

A nice challenge

One of my favorite areas to ride bike or hike. Yes trail #1 is currently closed but 200 yards heading south on George Street and you can pick up trails on the left. They will take you to the boat docks and beyond. This is a nice mix of terrain for a good cardio workout!

Trail 1 is closed due to construction so it is difficult to get around the entire trail right now.

Sections of the trail went unmarked and it was hard to follow. Also, one section was closed but there were no postings to make us aware of them. Two crossing sections were dark tunnels full of water and no standing room to go through.

The other sections are beautiful and well marked. A great trail for seasoned or novice hikers. We saw several deer, frogs, a snake, and even a baby opossum.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

the trail took about 5 hours for me with a few mishaps. tunnels were fun

Sunday, March 19, 2017

I love the hike around Lake William but the trail markings had been pretty awful (e.g., where trails diverge). It's a beautiful hike. The only difficulty I can think of is walking up and down some sizable hills, but it's not 'rocky'.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Love our local trails.

Thursday, March 02, 2017

As good as it gets

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Great trail. Super fun. my dog and I love everything hiking this trail.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017