Learn more

Lake Border Trail Loop is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wernersville, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.1 miles Elevation Gain: 921 feet Route Type: Loop

Very steep up's and down's and buggy. Be prepared for a workout! Not too technical, but very steep! Not easy!

It’s a nice 7 miles trail. Really challenging and a lot of hills.

A good portion of the trail follows the abandoned roads from when the lake was created. This trail starts on the abandoned section of Justa Road, Some other roadway intersections still exist and the app was helpful to follow the correct course. I recorded 7.5 miles with a mix of gravel, dirt and rocky paths and some old broken macadam roadways. Also a few wet and muddy spots. There are a quite a few ups and downs but nothing too strenuous. Had a close call with a mountain biker, good thing he was paying attention. The lake is beautiful and was busy with motor boats. The loop runs near the edge of the lake but clear views are kinda sparse though. The trail seemed busy and there is a lot more to explore if you care to. Over all a good day.

challenging hike trail maintained. Lots of hills

The trail is not accurate on this app! You can see where I had to circle back if you look at my recording . It stopped recording for about a quarter mile so it was more like 8.5 miles.

Hilly lots of ups and downs. Very nice scenery plenty of shade

We really enjoyed this trail. We saw turtles in the swamp, beautiful views of the water, horses crossing our path, secluded trail next to stream, mountain bikers, dogs, wildflowers and fields. There were uphills, downhills, gravel and dirt. I just wish there were blazes to follow instead of looking at my phone to know where to go. There are early exit options if you look at AllTrails.

My favorite trail yet! Great loop. Hills, woods, open and lake. Nice mix. You definitely need the pro version. You'll never figure out the loop without it. There are a lot of off shoots that you don't want to take.

Great views of the lake. All types of terrain, dirt, gravel, uphill, downhill, though the forest, to an open area. It’s an underrated trail because not many people were there. I did the whole thing in under 3 hours. Again, the view of that lake is great. I recommend. Follow the map.

Loved this trail! Went on a Tuesday and wasn't too busy. There's a really cool swamp about half a mile into the trail with tons of turtles and frogs. We went counter clockwise but I don't think it really mattered since it seemed like there was a pretty even amount of ups to downs. A good number of boaters in the lake. Some bugs. Lots of streams and portions near the water for my dogs. Overall very beautiful trail.

Great trail. Challenging enough to not be boring,but not too challenging to be overwhelming

Could not find the trail. Followed the directions on the app and it brought me to a parking lot. Basically brought me to a road of gravel to walk along and then a flat little walk through some Meadows. Where is this amazing hike that’s 7 miles? Can someone explain? Also, it seems like every trail in this area is kind of like a gravel road. Is that what this is supposed to be? We were looking for an actual hike with some challenging aspects to it.

Trail was well marked and easy to follow. Well maintained in all sections that I visited. The lake was beautiful. Great hike to do with a pup.

This trail was clean and beautiful. I did not get lost since there were no blocked or blown down trails.

This was a great trail. Some how my GPS signal got off track. . Its about 7 miles, not 10

Good mix of elevation, wide gravel/grass path and more narrow/curvy forest trails (north part along the lake). A bit more enjoyable without the leaves on the trees so you can get some views of the lake most of the way when on the higher parts of the trail. Lake levels seem really low right now and could walk out rather far in some spots. The little pond at the intersection of the Border trail and Justa Rd had turtles all over the place.

Awesome and challenging with the elevation change! Great for bikes or walkers, but make sure you make that left on the Lake Border Trail!

Great trail for hiking and mountain biking it is definitely a challenging trail but did enjoy it.

Well-maintained, great elevation, would have given it five stars except for all of the horse shit.

nice hike. fairly easy. Didn't feel like taking the whole loop and was able to cut a couple miles off.

This trail kicked my butt. Great hike! I will do it again most likely in the spring or fall, not in the dead of summer. To much mud and bugs and there was a lot of poison we had to deal with. Overall it was a good trailer,

Great hike!! Will definitely do it again, probably in the spring or fall.