Kitchen Creek Falls Trail

Kitchen Creek Falls Trail is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Fairmount Township, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

While challenging, this trail also sports some of the best views you'll find in PA.

Great day hike with lots of beautiful falls and PA woods. Great for training on larger backpacking trips. Don't forget to look at the fall directly under SR 118 if you start from the bottom.

Great day out there, after a heavy rainfall the waterfalls were stunning. Trail was a little slick in places but thats expected with the weather.

I always hike with my German Shepherd and their were some parts that were tricky to navigate with it being narrow and his unwillingness to climb, just keep that in mind.

Not much traffic on the trail early Saturday morning. As the morning went on around 10AM there were some families enjoying the trail. Solitude at 8AM when we started.

Gorgeous hike every step of the way. Some falls were peaceful; others simply breathtaking. Proper footwear is a must in the glens, as it's slippery, stone steps shift, and there are lots and lots of them. I plan to make this a regular seasonal hike. You won't be disappointed.

I spend a lot of time on this trail. Great hike in the hot weather as the spray from the Falls has a nice cooling affect. Always beautiful and clean. Modernized restrooms at the lake rose trail head (halfway point) And the basics at Adams Falls and 118 trail head. The top loop can be done in 2hrs easy. The full loop from 118 takes between 3-5hrs depending on distraction time. Great for Photographers. Not so great for kids. Solid hiking shoes are a must.

This trip was stunning I would do it again in a heat beat. I did see kids on the trail of you take the moderate route it's really easy the hard route is more of a moderate and that's where all the views are. I did this trail near sunset so it wasn't crowed at all most of the people I seen were leaving. I would recommend hiking boots if you are taking the "hard" route sneakers would be fine for the "moderate" route.

This park, and specifically this trail are amazing. The waterfalls are endless. The physical hike itself is what I would moderate at best. I stayed to the left at the fork and took the more difficult option at the split. Still, I have a hard time understanding the hard rating when I passed scores of toddlers tagging along with their parents. Now my warning. I personally go to the woods to battle my anxiety. Nature is good for me to relax. Being as the fourth of July was on a weekday, and I assumed everyone would be BBQing, I headed out for some much needed me time. The population on this trail was probably the same as Manhattan that day. The walk was easy... fighting my desire to dive from every high peak to avoid the massive herds of everyone walking 6 wide at .3 mph... that not so much. While the scenery was awesome, there seemed to be few hikers on this trail. Mainly Facebook selfie photo op people. It really detracted from the experience when you couldn't get more than a dozen consecutive steps before having to dodge an iPhone. And by the way, the Facebook Warriors have absolute zero knowledge or concern for basic trail etiquette. So plan to give everyone the right of way, regardless. As negative as this may sound, again... the terrain is unbelievable. I would def recommend doing it EARLY on a weekday, non-holiday. If you can avoid the UN Convoys that I dealt with all day, you will have an amazing day. Good luck.

Amazing loop with so much to see..

We started at feet 61 and walked up the left side of the loop and down the right side. It is a very well maintained trail. Beautiful water falls. The water volume was close to perfect. Recommend this hike to those that are moderate hikers. The hike took us approx 3 1/2 hours. Take time to stop and enjoy the beauty of the falls