Kitchen Creek Falls Trail

Kitchen Creek Falls Trail is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Fairmount Township, Pennsylvania that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

While challenging, this trail also sports some of the best views you'll find in PA.

This is a great hike.

Just an FYI for others going in winter. the Falls trail is closed unless you have crampons, rope and an ice axe. You have to register in the main office.

This is one of if not my all time favorite hike. If you go early in the morning you can have the trail all to yourself.

This hike is beautiful but most spectacular in the fall and the waterfalls continue to amaze me. The steps and rocks can get a little slippery when wet and with leaves. Good hiking shoes are recommended. In comparison to other hikes I would rate it moderate. This will always be one of my most favorite hikes.

A great hike! It is fairly narrow at points with a lot of people so it can slow you down. Wear boots! The rocks and steps can get slippery. We did the entire loop from Rte. 118, worth the extra miles. We took a left where the trails meet and went up the left side of the falls. Although it is steeper, I thought this was better than going up the right so we didn't have to traverse down the slippery rocks. It makes the Glenoga falls (94') even better when you see it first from the bottom.

first timer today, definitely one of the best hikes I've found. Rocks can be slippery in sections, also very crowded.

A great trail that can get wet and slippery, but the scenery and waterfalls makes up for the challange.

Beautiful scenery! Can be slippery at times.

We started from Rt. 118 and walked the moderate trail towards Waters Meet. This initial hike was nice, but easy-moderate at best. I would say, don't get too distracted during this initial trail and save your energy for the next part.

At Waters Meet, we made a left (having the waterfalls to our right) and continued towards Highland Trail. This is a long stretch with plenty of steep stone steps, but the waterfalls are abundant and if you see any opportunity to get closer to the waterfalls, take it! It’s probably the best part about this entire trail.

Highland Trail was flat and dry, a nice break from all the climbing. Towards the end, we took a detour towards the Beach Area and then went back on the opposite side (having the waterfalls to our left). Here, the trail was steeper, more slippery, making it more challenging than the other side. Take your time and watch your steps.

If you don’t spend too much time at the waterfalls and stay on the trail, you can probably finish in 3-4 hours, but it took us 6.5 hours.

Overall, it was not as challenging as other trails rated as “HARD” and while the waterfalls were beautiful, it can get mundane having the same view for 7 miles straight.

Falls Trail ( Black Trail Difficult )

Unbelievable views, couple of amazing surprises, and a definite challenge !

Beautiful area. The main loop is easier than I thought it'd be. Mostly steps up to the top shelf where it's flat and easy then steps back down.

One of the most magical trails I have ever seen! Waterfalls galore, some in the "bridal veil" style, others in the "wedding cake" style, all stunning. Path hugs streambed, but gives you a thousand varied views as it climbs up and around. Surface is slick as it is all natural stone or steep rough cut stone steps, and was very wet yesterday. You definitely want to take your time and be careful especially going downhill -- but who wants to rush through so much beauty anyway? Besides waterfalls, thousands of mushrooms, an infinite variety of ferns, mosses, altogether magical! We did this hike on a weekday and it was not crowded at all. If you park up top, you can make this a 3.4 mi loop of the major falls (top of the lollipop shaped hike, omitting the 1.8 mi long stick), but we enjoyed the lower end. it is nice to see the stream quietly babbling before the bigger drama, and there are lots of huge old growth trees...not to mention a few extra waterfalls. I would rate this hike moderate rather than hard, because there is no rock scrambling, and path is clearly marked. However it is long with stretches of steep climbing, and the wet rock surfaces certainly demand attention. As the park signs say, repeatedly, appropriate footwear is a must.

So many huge waterfalls, to the point where waterfalls begin to lose their charm. An excellent hike if you don't often do waterfalls

Great day hike with lots of beautiful falls and PA woods. Great for training on larger backpacking trips. Don't forget to look at the fall directly under SR 118 if you start from the bottom.

Great day out there, after a heavy rainfall the waterfalls were stunning. Trail was a little slick in places but thats expected with the weather.

I always hike with my German Shepherd and their were some parts that were tricky to navigate with it being narrow and his unwillingness to climb, just keep that in mind.

Not much traffic on the trail early Saturday morning. As the morning went on around 10AM there were some families enjoying the trail. Solitude at 8AM when we started.

Gorgeous hike every step of the way. Some falls were peaceful; others simply breathtaking. Proper footwear is a must in the glens, as it's slippery, stone steps shift, and there are lots and lots of them. I plan to make this a regular seasonal hike. You won't be disappointed.

I spend a lot of time on this trail. Great hike in the hot weather as the spray from the Falls has a nice cooling affect. Always beautiful and clean. Modernized restrooms at the lake rose trail head (halfway point) And the basics at Adams Falls and 118 trail head. The top loop can be done in 2hrs easy. The full loop from 118 takes between 3-5hrs depending on distraction time. Great for Photographers. Not so great for kids. Solid hiking shoes are a must.

This trip was stunning I would do it again in a heat beat. I did see kids on the trail of you take the moderate route it's really easy the hard route is more of a moderate and that's where all the views are. I did this trail near sunset so it wasn't crowed at all most of the people I seen were leaving. I would recommend hiking boots if you are taking the "hard" route sneakers would be fine for the "moderate" route.

This park, and specifically this trail are amazing. The waterfalls are endless. The physical hike itself is what I would moderate at best. I stayed to the left at the fork and took the more difficult option at the split. Still, I have a hard time understanding the hard rating when I passed scores of toddlers tagging along with their parents. Now my warning. I personally go to the woods to battle my anxiety. Nature is good for me to relax. Being as the fourth of July was on a weekday, and I assumed everyone would be BBQing, I headed out for some much needed me time. The population on this trail was probably the same as Manhattan that day. The walk was easy... fighting my desire to dive from every high peak to avoid the massive herds of everyone walking 6 wide at .3 mph... that not so much. While the scenery was awesome, there seemed to be few hikers on this trail. Mainly Facebook selfie photo op people. It really detracted from the experience when you couldn't get more than a dozen consecutive steps before having to dodge an iPhone. And by the way, the Facebook Warriors have absolute zero knowledge or concern for basic trail etiquette. So plan to give everyone the right of way, regardless. As negative as this may sound, again... the terrain is unbelievable. I would def recommend doing it EARLY on a weekday, non-holiday. If you can avoid the UN Convoys that I dealt with all day, you will have an amazing day. Good luck.

Amazing loop with so much to see..

We started at feet 61 and walked up the left side of the loop and down the right side. It is a very well maintained trail. Beautiful water falls. The water volume was close to perfect. Recommend this hike to those that are moderate hikers. The hike took us approx 3 1/2 hours. Take time to stop and enjoy the beauty of the falls