Ketchum Run Gorge

Ketchum Run Gorge is a 5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Forksville, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I did the entire loop starting on the Fern Rock Trail and then bushwacking down the gorge until I reached the LT which led me to Worlds End Rd. Then followed the blue/red trail to High Knob Rd parking lot. Probably about 7 miles total. Trail was super icy and snowy, so I would highly recommend not doing this hike in the winter unless you have proper footwear. The gorge is beautiful and I passed lots of waterfalls and cascades. I would love to return in the summer. Didn't pass a single soul the entire time. 5 hours of hiking in all.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

This trail is located in Worlds End State Park and is a section of the "LT" or Loyalsock Trail (The Loyalsock Trail extends 59.5 miles through 3 townships... a must see) I planned this 7 mile hike as an overnight trip which I would recommend to anyone that has the time. The two vistas along this trail are unbelievably beautiful, even when it may be overcast. Once you reach the gorge itself you will be blown away.... It is stunning. If you do a one day in and out be prepared for a more strenuous hike.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Nearly completed the loop but it was getting so I opted for a short back to the car, The hike it self was awesome. A bit of a climb to upper Alpine Vista

Started out at the head of Fern Rock Nature Trail then cut through the woods to Ketchum Run and the Loyal Sock Trail. Followed the LT trail passing several waterfalls including Lee Falls and Rode Falls. Then climbing to the vistas and an easy to moderate walk after that