Kelly's Run Loop Trail

Kelly's Run Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Holtwood, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Kelly's Run Natural Area is a loop trail near the Susquehanna River. The trail is rocky and steep in some places but it is a beautiful hike with views of small but picturesque waterfalls.

This was one of our first hikes, we loved it, especially the multiple steam crossings!

This was a beautiful hike. It's a little challenging at spots around the creek. I would suggest going through the meadow first and then looping around to the creek especially if it is hot outside.

Second time on this trail. Got a bit confused at one point. A lot of different colored trail markets at a creek crossing. Needed to turn right instead of left.

Great trail. The terrain is moderately rugged in some spots. One trail marker was on a felled small tree by the stream and I missed it. Ended up on a dead end trail but backtracked and got going the right way. This is a must-hike trail!

A truly awesome trail on a beautiful day. We seriously underestimated the waterfalls and the stream, which were the gems of the hike. The simple beauty of the open spaces, fields of wild flowers really, added to the experience. A great day!

Mind blowing!!! Worth every second, I’ll be going back soon!!!

Awesome trail!! Your feet will get wet! Took about 1.5/2 hrs!! Muddy spots and some slippery rocks! Totally not a stroll in the park that’s what hiking is though!

Definitely a challenging trail but was awesome! Can’t wait to go back!

Awesome afternoon hike... will go back again. Very beautiful right along the water.

The Mtn Laurel and Rhododendron are thick on the trail prior to descending the creek and in the creek area. If anyone can confirm those are in bloom yet this season of 2018 and when that was observed, I'd appreciate it. Am hoping to hike this when blooms are in full color. thanks.

One of my favorite spots. So beautiful.

Was great to hike this trail before all the leaves returned onto the trees. Felt so different than when doing this hike in the summer. This time we had often brilliant views of the river, not obscured by the leaves. The river crossings were tricky since the water was high and covered many of the stones. Bring a walking pole for balance for these crossings, if you do not have good balance. Some of us went up to the Pinnacle and had great views of the river under threatening skies. Saw many hawks who played around with the wind gusts.

love doing this trail with my dog

Just completed this amazing trail for the first time. The water features were beautiful. Thought I was in a rainforest.

Loved this trail! Very well marked. Definitely go left at the beginning. You will be walking through water and mud so dress accordingly. Well worth it!

One of the most beautiful and peaceful hikes I have been on. Definitely go left! Loved hiking along the water and all the water crossings. We will definitely do this hike again!

Great varied trail with moderate hike and plenty to see. I did not take the trail to the left as suggested first. The trail to the right is a short hike down to the creek, crossing over the creek several times before coming to what looks like an abandoned road. Once you get to the top, the trail varies between wooded and grassy areas before getting back to the lot. Great day hike, beautiful scenery, and not overwhelming. It is a moderate hike and I wouldn't suggest bringing your pet unless they are used to a rugged terrain.

Fantastic little trail. Definitely go left at the beginning so you come up the little gorge instead of down it.

I did this in the winter and it was gorgeous!

Most beautiful & most difficult trail in the area. Love this hike!!

Tried this trail for the first time today and I loooved it! I definitely think the rating of moderate is appropriate. I would recommend starting on the left side as you really do get the more lackluster part of the trail out of the way. You’ll know when you find that magical part for sure! Definitely some tricky rocks and water crossings. I brought my dog but he became nervous about some of the climbs/crossings and I had to assist him. Overall I really enjoyed this hike and can’t wait to return!

Excellent trail. Varied terrain. Ill be back!

Great trail. Well marked and maintained.

Lovely trail! So many different birds, well marked, a few icy spots but not impassable. Started off to the left as recommended, I agree that’s the better way to start. Going that direction, the first couple miles are pretty easy, can do in casual shoes. Once you turn left and head away from the river at the old bridge, trail gets more technical and I was glad to be in my boots.

Well marked,a bit icy but what do you expect for January! Fun hike!

Just hiked this today (mid-January) and the trail was stunning! A little icy at parts but nothing too bad. Definitely one of the coolest trails in the area with a wide variety of scenery.

Loved it ! Just went there today (January) and it was absolutely beautiful. The water was frozen and there was some breathtaking views. I’m pretty sure we ended up not taking an actual trail, but that could be just because it’s off season and the main entrance was closed so we had to goin through a side entrance. I brought my medium sized dogs, and they didn’t seem to have any trouble with the trail either. Pinnacle Overlook was definitely the highlight of the trail. Would definitely recommend !

Just gorgeous down along the run. I agree with the other reviews, start the hike by going left.

Absolutely amazing! Like others have said before go to the left to start. We went in November and it was still beautiful!

Definitely start off to the left so you come up (for the second half of hike) through the glen. The glen is simply gorgeous.

This hike was BEAUTIFUL... One thing I would do differently is go to the left, if you're looking at the porta potties from the parking lot, instead of right and end with the more exciting part of the hike. It was such a nice day and took me about 3 hours to hike while taking a small rest and some pictures.