Kelly's Run Loop Trail

Kelly's Run Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Holtwood, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 616 feet Route Type: Loop

Kelly's Run Natural Area is a loop trail near the Susquehanna River. The trail is rocky and steep in some places but it is a beautiful hike with views of small but picturesque waterfalls.

good hike. trails marked well, some of the intersections not so much. lots of different terrains in a quick day hike. I made my way to the lookout also

Great hike!!! Trails very well marked and a good challenge.

I hiked counter clockwise. The trail is well marked with blazes. Nice variety of terrains and elevations. Definitely an uphill jaunt counter clockwise. Along the creek is beautiful, some billy goat climbing for the liking!

Our second time doing this trail and this time we went backwards. Normal bugs for being near a stream and in the woods!

I would recommend this trail! It is beautiful and challenging. It takes about an hour and a half to two hours to complete the whole trail.

Great trail with great sights. Definitely crowded. But worth it. Clockwise is a better direction to go.

Rocky but beautiful. Moderate, but some areas were a little tricky. Tons of dogs! We followed the blue blazes and went up hill through the water falls and stream.

Me and my pup loved it! Definitely would do again.

A few spots where we had to really hunt to find the next blue blaze. Definitely challenging without being too challenging for a mom and three kids.

We did the blue trail clockwise as previous posts recommended, and we agreed! It is easier to go up the wet, slippery rocks by Kelly’s Run than down (if going counterclockwise). You will cross the run/water many times, so water shoes/sandals are wise. You definitely need hiking footwear at the least. We all loved this trail- just keep on the blue marks. It does merge with the orange/ Conestoga Trail. You’ll have scenic views and Kelly’s Run is pretty with the rhododendron and little waterfalls and pools.

We went on Father's Day. it was overcast but not overwhelmingly hot or muggy, a few sprinkles but nothing terrible. Anywho, I last went in 2010 and somehow got lost and wound up who knows where. This time I was finally able to finish it. I only give 4 stars because of the latter part of the trail when you have to turn at the train tracks. In the first leg of the trail it is a beautiful, picturesque hike through the woods, but then it turns into a paved uphill incline followed by a walk thru a meadow. The meadow isn't too bad, but it can get overrun with gnats which can get annoying but nothing that would keep me from going back. We plan on skipping that bit next time and just hitting the overlook. This was a great hike for my kids, who of which are naturally adventurous and willing to take on a myriad of trails. To me, this is almost the perfect hike as it is a clearly marked trail, great scenery and not all flat. I would recommend over and over again!

This is a nice trail for experienced hikers. some spots along the creek were difficult. trail was kept nice for the most part. I will be doing this loop again in the near future.

About a dozen people along the trail, most with dogs. Beautiful Saturday morning in June.

Beautiful day for a hike, and a beautiful trail. I went counter clockwise, and kinda wish I had listened to others’ reviews and gone clockwise. If you go the way I did, there’s a lot of uphill at the end. Came across a couple of downed trees, but nothing bad. River was low, so crossing was easy peasy. I gave 4 rather than 5 stars because there are a couple of spots where the trail isn’t very clearly marked, usually at river crossings. I was glad to have the map and a few other hikers around. All in all, very enjoyable!