Jacoby Hollow

Jacoby Hollow is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Trout Run, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Highly recommend bug spray! We forgot and it put a damper on our experience. That being said- not crowded, only saw one duo on the way to the falls and then two duo hikers on the way out. It’s been raining a lot so there’s a lot of mud, footing got a little slippery at times.

The falls were beautiful! I wish I would’ve brought water shoes to sit and soak a while but the bugs chased us out.

There is an industrial road that runs tandem to the trail. It’s ugly but we took advantage of it to help get us out of the woods quicker. We’d do this hike again— it’s a nice afternoon hike!

My first hike in Pa...not bad. Like another person said, you will definitely need bug spray. The falls was not very grand since we haven’t had much rain but it was still beautiful. For someone not use to incline hikes, this would be a good one.

The trail itself is nice. However like others mentioned much of it runs parallel to a natural gas road that is not scenic. You also walk along the road for a bit of the hike. The falls are beautiful even when the water is low. Make sure to bring the bug spray for this one.

the falls were a little dried up, so be sure to go early spring or in the winter when they are frozen. watch for snakes! you do follow the logging path for a little, you didn't miss a turn... simple hike, definitely recommend it for beginners.

Easy and beautiful! Sucks there’s a pipe line road right next to the trail. Still worth the hike!!!

Fun hike, I done it a few times. Spring much better than summer. Summer time falls lacks water.

This trail was a nice quick hike before work and the waterfall was really pretty. Halfway down the hike however, there's a frac road that cuts into the trail and runs the rest of the length of the trail. you can choose to walk the frac road or hop back on the trail for the rest of the hike.

Loved this trail, it was my third time. A head up, early springtime is the best to go and see the falls when they are running. Especially after a good rain. Loved the view at the end, well worth the trip.

Nice trail. blazed well. I'd rate it as easy the first half and moderate the 2nd half. pipeline now runs next to portion of the trail so that stinks but beautiful waterfall. keep very close eye on kids if you take them. once your near the falls it gets rocky

Easy trail. Good for families. Beautiful waterfall at the end. Will probably go again later in the season when there’s more water though. The trail was probably once secluded but they’re putting in a pipeline or something and a good portion of the trail runs right next to the construction and dirt road. Kind of a bummer.

Fun easy hike. Logging road threw me off a little. Can’t wait to come back in the summer when the waterfall is more full. Great hike for dogs.

Perfect for our group cub scouts and Boy Scouts.

I did this trail while there was still a bit of snow, there was ice and some slippery spots but just be cautious. The falls we're beautiful!

Nice short trail. Beautiful in winter.

Quick and easy hike, accessible in the snow as well

A bit icy in spots but a great hike!!!

Wonderful in the winter. It's like walking through a winter wonderland. Completely accessible after a snowfall unlike some other trails in PA. We were some of the only hikers! Safely get as close as you can to the waterfalls it's miraculous.

It really is a nice trail and the waterfall at the end is worth every step. However the construction road and traffic on said road ruin the hike a little. If not for the road it would be rated 5 stars. You'll run into it about half way back. Some of the trail has even been taken over by the road, it's kind of a shame. Still worth hiking though and was very easy! I will be back later in the winter for some icy waterfall pictures!

Great Hike!! We went late fall and the waterfall was absolutely beautiful! Easy to hike and few challenges but nothing extreme!

nice easy trail with a waterfall what you can stand under. Trail follows a creek to the fall. There is a flat spot on top of the falls to have a nice lunch.

bridge from the south is out. have to approach from the north for now

8.17.17 - Bridge is out that leads to the trailhead. Detour is difficult to follow and totally out of the way. Skip this until the road is open again.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

I love this trail of you just want to get out. Very easy and well maintained. Had 3 young boys with me on a trek and they loved it. They only thing I will say, if your looking for nice falls, go in the spring. Or go when there has been rain. I've gone times where there has been no water coming over the ledge.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

The trail was quite easy. It was very buggy. The waterfall was nice but probably nicer in the spring

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I took my two year old in a pack on this hike. A bit slippery with rocks and roots. Trail is well marked, but fairly overgrown in spots. Had to jump from rock to rock in a few areas where the best route is next to the creek instead of the trail. Bring bug spray and a camera! Falls were great (mid-June). Saw some deer and newts.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Nice, quiet hike with a pretty decent waterfall at the end. Only saw one couple the whole time. Great if you only have part of a day, or there is plenty of exploring to do if you scramble up the side of the falls if you'd like to stay longer. The road was still closed from a storm last October, was easy to reroute, though.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Due to recent flooding (or maybe because it is spring), start of the trail is loaded with tierces and streams, it is very wet. Good thing - you can pass this part by jumping from rock to rock to root, feels like someone had made a pathway from rocks :) Rubber boots would be recomended. Or just grab a stick to balance through. Further on and closer to Jacoby Fall trail gets more rocky. At some point trail moves to road and over small meadow (beware of blackberry and kind of wild rose thorns! got one in my leg and another almost hit my cheek, :D). At the end falls are full and beautiful.

Met only 1 couple when heading back. Almost no birds and no other animals. Beware of ticks.

Road from Williamsport side (State Route 1003) was closed due to road slide, so had to take detour of 15-20 km. It is easy to locate start of the trail and there is a place to park the car.

Total route took us close to 2 hours (yep, we are slow, because we come from flat and non-rocky land, :D), 5.8km and 135 total ascent (Garmin Fēnix).

Monday, April 17, 2017

Nice waterfall at the end.

Friday, October 21, 2016

The fall was more of a dribble, still pretty though. The hike out was ok and a little rougher than I was led to believe. Saw 2 other couples on our walk.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

This is a nice, quick hike. It's a pretty easy trail. The waterfall is a bit underwhelming if there hasn't been much rain, but the scenery is beautiful. If you go, take bug spray - the mosquitoes are horrible! I've never run into many people on this trail, it's one of the best kept secrets. Also, the trail usually ends up being about 3.75 miles for me out and back.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

A nice quick hike and not too "peopley" this time of year. It has been a dry summer, so nothing much fall wise, but may return in the spring to see the waterfall.