Jacoby Hollow

Jacoby Hollow is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Trout Run, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8.17.17 - Bridge is out that leads to the trailhead. Detour is difficult to follow and totally out of the way. Skip this until the road is open again.

I love this trail of you just want to get out. Very easy and well maintained. Had 3 young boys with me on a trek and they loved it. They only thing I will say, if your looking for nice falls, go in the spring. Or go when there has been rain. I've gone times where there has been no water coming over the ledge.

The trail was quite easy. It was very buggy. The waterfall was nice but probably nicer in the spring

I took my two year old in a pack on this hike. A bit slippery with rocks and roots. Trail is well marked, but fairly overgrown in spots. Had to jump from rock to rock in a few areas where the best route is next to the creek instead of the trail. Bring bug spray and a camera! Falls were great (mid-June). Saw some deer and newts.

Nice, quiet hike with a pretty decent waterfall at the end. Only saw one couple the whole time. Great if you only have part of a day, or there is plenty of exploring to do if you scramble up the side of the falls if you'd like to stay longer. The road was still closed from a storm last October, was easy to reroute, though.

Due to recent flooding (or maybe because it is spring), start of the trail is loaded with tierces and streams, it is very wet. Good thing - you can pass this part by jumping from rock to rock to root, feels like someone had made a pathway from rocks :) Rubber boots would be recomended. Or just grab a stick to balance through. Further on and closer to Jacoby Fall trail gets more rocky. At some point trail moves to road and over small meadow (beware of blackberry and kind of wild rose thorns! got one in my leg and another almost hit my cheek, :D). At the end falls are full and beautiful.

Met only 1 couple when heading back. Almost no birds and no other animals. Beware of ticks.

Road from Williamsport side (State Route 1003) was closed due to road slide, so had to take detour of 15-20 km. It is easy to locate start of the trail and there is a place to park the car.

Total route took us close to 2 hours (yep, we are slow, because we come from flat and non-rocky land, :D), 5.8km and 135 total ascent (Garmin Fēnix).

Nice waterfall at the end.

The fall was more of a dribble, still pretty though. The hike out was ok and a little rougher than I was led to believe. Saw 2 other couples on our walk.

This is a nice, quick hike. It's a pretty easy trail. The waterfall is a bit underwhelming if there hasn't been much rain, but the scenery is beautiful. If you go, take bug spray - the mosquitoes are horrible! I've never run into many people on this trail, it's one of the best kept secrets. Also, the trail usually ends up being about 3.75 miles for me out and back.

A nice quick hike and not too "peopley" this time of year. It has been a dry summer, so nothing much fall wise, but may return in the spring to see the waterfall.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

We recently visited this trail for the first time today, nice dedicated parking area. The trail was fairly simple, beautiful place for an afternoon adventure. Due to our drought the falls this season weren't as great as if we would've had rainfall. I'd definitely go again, takes about 3 hours hiking slow.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Nice walk good clear trails I wouldn't take the little ones on this if you take the family out

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Fall was dried up due to the lack of rain. It was still a great hike and worth the visit.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Quick, but amazing scenery!!!

Friday, June 10, 2016

The trail itself was very clearly marked, followed a nice crick some of the way, and the waterfall was worth the short hike. I enjoyed exploring the top of the falls as well :)

Saturday, June 04, 2016