Learn more

Jacoby Hollow is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Trout Run, Pennsylvania that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 406 feet Route Type: Out & Back

great trail! was a little dried up but the kids had fun and we all enjoyed it

Took our 4 year old son & 11 month old Aussie, they both did awesome and had a blast. Lots of rocks and roots, but those are the best kinds of trails. Ton of small streams and creek for Remi to get a drink of water. Nice and shaded, so it wasn’t too hot.

My husband, teenager, and I had the chance to hike this trail on Memorial Day. It is rocky with lots of tree roots but we didn't mind it. Trail was well marked and even though it was a busy hiking day, every one we met was very pleasant. We took our Dachshund and he had no trouble with it. The falls are worth the trip.

Great hike with a rewarding waterfall at the end. Trail is rocky and rooty. This hike is closer to 4.2 miles. Needs to have rained recently for a bigger waterfall

Beautiful falls! Decent hike for amateurs, good workout!

Great easy trail to follow. The terrain was quite rocky and many tree roots. The waterfalls was gorgeous! There seemed to be a lot of visitors to see the falls but everyone was very kind and courteous. A little sunshine and no bugs! Time well spent. 17 May 20

Very rocky but worth the hike falls are breathtaking

I would rate this as moderate, especially for first timers. It’s very rocky, roots are all over the path so watch your step, especially with little ones. The destination is beautiful and its terrific for a quick hike before work, appointment, etc. Bugs were out like crazy last week, it’s muddy in spots, and icy during winter time till April. So have a decent pair of shoes. This wouldn’t be my go to trail by any means, I just don’t vibe with it. But if someone wanted me to tag along or my kids want to go, then sure, I’d go.

Went here on an awesome day! Rained here recently so there was a good amount of water flowing over the falls. The trail is scenic and fairly easy. It was a lot of fun going back behind the waterfall . Made the hike worth it! Wasnt too crowded when we were there, maybe 2-3 other people. If you complete this trail quickly and have a decent amount of time, check out some of the others in the area, I hit Smiths knob

BRING BUG SPRAY..... Lots of people and dogs, definitely not a trail for little dogs . if your a person like me who gets cold alot, I'd bring a light jacket and a drink. other wise its a gorgeous view with little ones on the way. I like how you can kinda go under the waterfall

This is a nice trail. Steady incline but rocky. Decent shoes a must. It is not near Trout Run. It is also not 1.6 miles in. Used the app to track distance and made it 1.6, we were not at the falls. So plan to go further.

Very crowded, but overall wonderful hike. The views are beautiful!!

Great falls muddy trail

great hike and took our 5 kids with us 8 and under and they loved it.

icy

I love this trail, I’ve done it about 5 times now, all with varying weather conditions. It’s quite easy and a straightforward hike. The first 30 minutes seem to take forever, but after that it flies by.

Awesome trail and beautiful spot to hangout and explore the falls.

Relatively easy hike. Went midday and passed a good amount of people. TIP: trial gets a little weird towards the end where it goes onto like a pipeline dirt road, you’re still on the right path. Just follow the yellow on trees and it’ll take you to the falls