Jacobsburg Trail

Jacobsburg Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nazareth, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Nazareth, PA: Take Jacobsburg Road (SR 1001) north approximately 3 miles to the state park. When the road forks, bear left then turn right onto State Park Road. Park at the Jacobsburg Village Historic Site parking lot. Trail begins there.

The park itself was beautiful and the trail proved to be challenging. However the markings for the trails were an absolute mess. This particular trail on this map is a combination of a few trails which makes it even more confusing to follow. There were so many forks that were not accurately displayed on this map that it causes us to get lost several times. It's a semi large park so I personally find it to be dangerous without accurate maps or rest areas telling you where you are. I wouldn't go back unless it was to swim which I close to the parks entrance.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Has different levels for all kinds of different hikers

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Pretty easy trail system. Watch out for mountain bikers. Lots of fun.

Thursday, January 05, 2017

Spent the afternoon hiking out in the fresh air. The day was perfect, the trail was awesome, quiet except for the occasional sounds of the squirrels chattering, and the song birds singing. The wind whispering from tree to tree, the river babbling over the rocky river bed. Fantastic

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Great

Friday, October 28, 2016

I've only done some parts of this park. I like it there and still exploring. Horses aloud and bikes aloud on some of the trails. I took one trail that brought me to historical houses with posts. There are bathrooms at the beginning where the parking is. No maps when I was there. Busy in the mornings, quieter in the afternoons. These trails are easy so I also run them. Great for kids and pets.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

you ride mostly on lawn mower paths

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

It's ok . Not much to see but trees, trees and more trees.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Really nice trail. Busy but wasn't packed. Found our way to the meadow which was pretty and quiet. Will definitely come back again!

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Fun, small, easy, and beautiful trail to keep it short

Monday, May 23, 2016

Relaxing and easy hike. It's always our first for the spring season.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Beautiful trail and family friendly. Easy hike with my 5 year old.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Beautiful place. I love it !!!

Monday, April 18, 2016

It's my go-to hike. Nice trails, good workout and lots of friendly people.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

very nice park but everyone knows about it so it's super crowded all the time...

Monday, November 09, 2015

I love this park. Growing up seconds away from the park this is the root of my love and appreciation for nature. I know most the trails by heart, beautiful place with tons of areas to explore. There are flat trails and hilly trials with a variety of terrain. The butterfly garden and blinds are a nice addition for those who like to birdwatch and such. There are several parking lots so one can hike a different trails often.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

I enjoyed this park as it was my first time there, but felt it had 2 flaws. Some of the hike (particularly the beginning and the end) are somewhat close to roads with heavier traffic, so the noise was a little much at times and took away from the solitude and peacefulness that I enjoy, but I will say that it didn't last terribly long and the middle of the hike was well worth it and enjoyable! The only other flaw is there are some side trails that are not marked nor on the map and can lead to confusion, like I had. Luckily I was using Map My Walk on my phone and was able to backtrack back to where I needed. Overall, I would hike this park again as I did 10.74 miles pretty easily. Most of the trails are flat and even, there isn't to much climbing and trails are relatively smooth with very few obstacles to climb over such as rocks or things like that.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Easy to get to and easy to hike, Jacobsburg park offers a variety of scenery for all sorts of leisurely hikers. Dogs are an every day sight on these trails. There are also trails accessible to horses. There are many opportunities to walk down into the creek and wade through it. Unexpected pieces of the past are here to be discovered, including a old chimneys, abandoned cards, and stone walls dating back to the revolutionary war. This place is a great way to start or end your day and it's close enough to town that you don't have to set aside a whole day just for getting there.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

great little hiking spot with high variety. the stream is beautiful and cool. The high meadow is one of the best places to view butterflies during their migration. My personal favorite local trail. That says a lot since their are so many amazing trails in Lehigh Valley.

Friday, July 04, 2014

Great fun! Trails are challenging but not impossible. Many tributary trails that can spice up your ride!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Jacobsburg is a place that is very easy, convenient and fun at any time of year. For anyone in moderate shape in my opinion you'll have no issues with any of the numerous trails for walking, hiking, running, mountain biking and horseback riding. Bikers and horse have access to only certain trails so walkers and hikers don't have to bump into bikers or horses if you don't wish to. All the trails are nice whether you hike along the main river or through the grassland area (very small but beautiful.) Most time I use the trails for running. If my time is short for a run I take the inner trail along the river. The south west part of the trail weaves tightly around trees and roots so you end up jumping and navigating through obstacles...very fun! When you come around to the north east side of the trail you cross a trail bridge and it's a gravel trail the rest of the way back to the parking area. You can easily go off trail to the river on both sides of the trail. If I have more time to run I take the scenic grassland trail. This is a 6 mile loop. A nice hill here and there and nice flat areas as well. Coming up over the one rise there is an amazing view of the valleys around you. The trail eventually joins the end section of the inner river trail and takes you back to the main parking area. The great thing about Jacobsburg is that most people never go beyond the two trails I've described. There are a lot more trails to experience and have fun with. I ridden my bike on much of it and it's a blast. Because Jacobsburg has so much in such a small package and is conveniently located...and has beautiful views I feel I have to give it a 4 star. Remember though there is a heavy convenience factor for me on this one. Someone traveling from very far away might rate it a 3 star.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

This is a nice trail if you enjoy solitude & just the peacefulness of nature ( once you really get into it.) I will say that some of the trail markers have faded almost completely away & this and the neighboring trails are not well marked. But the trails are well maintained (cleanliness factor) and I have even been so fortunate to find the water bottles left behind by Good Samaritans for a thirsty hiker in need. (Good idea to pass it on!)

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Many trails, great for bike riding, bring a dog & just hocking with a friend:)

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Great trail for families. If you stay close to the main legs they are wide, clear, and pretty gentle. Many of them have been groomed with cinders to make them flat. I took the perimeter routes which were much less traveled, rougher, narrower, and probably mostly used by the horses and bikes. It took me 3.5 hours to walk the full perimeter of the park and had to take 1 detour because of a black bear teaching it's 4 cubs to claims a tree. Made me more than a little nervous so either travel prepared or stick to the main paths highly traveled.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Hunting all around. I was a little nervous since I didn't bring an orange vest.

Sunday, July 01, 2012

This is somewhere I like to walk with my dog, it is mostly flat terrain. There are lots of small trails connecting together so it is a good place for a short or long walk. I accidentally took a horse trail once, and there were lots of piles to maneuver around so unless you are on a horse, try to avoid the trails that allow horses.. It gets pretty crowded here on the weekends

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jacobsburg State Park is an evironmental education center. There are several mostly easy, short trails with some moderate sections. Camping and picnicking aren't allowed which tends to keep the crowds smaller in the summer. Mostly used for dog walking, light hiking, off road biking and horse riding. The trails are well maintained and marked.