Jacobsburg Trail

Jacobsburg Trail is a 6.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nazareth, Pennsylvania that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Nazareth, PA: Take Jacobsburg Road (SR 1001) north approximately 3 miles to the state park. When the road forks, bear left then turn right onto State Park Road. Park at the Jacobsburg Village Historic Site parking lot. Trail begins there.

The park itself was beautiful and the trail proved to be challenging. However the markings for the trails were an absolute mess. This particular trail on this map is a combination of a few trails which makes it even more confusing to follow. There were so many forks that were not accurately displayed on this map that it causes us to get lost several times. It's a semi large park so I personally find it to be dangerous without accurate maps or rest areas telling you where you are. I wouldn't go back unless it was to swim which I close to the parks entrance.

Has different levels for all kinds of different hikers

Pretty easy trail system. Watch out for mountain bikers. Lots of fun.

Spent the afternoon hiking out in the fresh air. The day was perfect, the trail was awesome, quiet except for the occasional sounds of the squirrels chattering, and the song birds singing. The wind whispering from tree to tree, the river babbling over the rocky river bed. Fantastic

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Great

Friday, October 28, 2016

I've only done some parts of this park. I like it there and still exploring. Horses aloud and bikes aloud on some of the trails. I took one trail that brought me to historical houses with posts. There are bathrooms at the beginning where the parking is. No maps when I was there. Busy in the mornings, quieter in the afternoons. These trails are easy so I also run them. Great for kids and pets.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

you ride mostly on lawn mower paths

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

It's ok . Not much to see but trees, trees and more trees.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Really nice trail. Busy but wasn't packed. Found our way to the meadow which was pretty and quiet. Will definitely come back again!

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Fun, small, easy, and beautiful trail to keep it short

Monday, May 23, 2016

Relaxing and easy hike. It's always our first for the spring season.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Beautiful trail and family friendly. Easy hike with my 5 year old.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Beautiful place. I love it !!!

Monday, April 18, 2016

It's my go-to hike. Nice trails, good workout and lots of friendly people.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

very nice park but everyone knows about it so it's super crowded all the time...

Monday, November 09, 2015

I love this park. Growing up seconds away from the park this is the root of my love and appreciation for nature. I know most the trails by heart, beautiful place with tons of areas to explore. There are flat trails and hilly trials with a variety of terrain. The butterfly garden and blinds are a nice addition for those who like to birdwatch and such. There are several parking lots so one can hike a different trails often.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

I enjoyed this park as it was my first time there, but felt it had 2 flaws. Some of the hike (particularly the beginning and the end) are somewhat close to roads with heavier traffic, so the noise was a little much at times and took away from the solitude and peacefulness that I enjoy, but I will say that it didn't last terribly long and the middle of the hike was well worth it and enjoyable! The only other flaw is there are some side trails that are not marked nor on the map and can lead to confusion, like I had. Luckily I was using Map My Walk on my phone and was able to backtrack back to where I needed. Overall, I would hike this park again as I did 10.74 miles pretty easily. Most of the trails are flat and even, there isn't to much climbing and trails are relatively smooth with very few obstacles to climb over such as rocks or things like that.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Easy to get to and easy to hike, Jacobsburg park offers a variety of scenery for all sorts of leisurely hikers. Dogs are an every day sight on these trails. There are also trails accessible to horses. There are many opportunities to walk down into the creek and wade through it. Unexpected pieces of the past are here to be discovered, including a old chimneys, abandoned cards, and stone walls dating back to the revolutionary war. This place is a great way to start or end your day and it's close enough to town that you don't have to set aside a whole day just for getting there.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

great little hiking spot with high variety. the stream is beautiful and cool. The high meadow is one of the best places to view butterflies during their migration. My personal favorite local trail. That says a lot since their are so many amazing trails in Lehigh Valley.

Friday, July 04, 2014

Great fun! Trails are challenging but not impossible. Many tributary trails that can spice up your ride!