Jacobs Ridge to Jacobs Hollow Trail

Jacobs Ridge to Jacobs Hollow Trail is a 14.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Coudersport, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Great day hike but way too many atv's around, not on the hiking trail, but everywhere else making it a not so quite hike. At mile 13 or so is where we found that freaky stump man in the woods by the road. He's a must see if you come back by Lyman Run road. I'd call this an easy to moderate hike only because of the length the terrain was not difficult at all. The trail is well marked.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Monday, August 10, 2015

If there was a swimming icon is click it. We did the Hammersley Pool - STS from the highway to 6.86 miles in where we camped. Up hill both ways lol

Monday, October 28, 2013

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Very scenic and amazing hike in parts. Make sure you come prepared because if it rains this trail can get wet and miserable. Lots of camping sites, overlooks, water crossings, and interesting landmarks. It is not a heavily traveled trail and you start to feel you are in the wilderness by yourself. I went with two of my buddies and we were forced to stop early due to prior commitments. Make sure you plan well and take your time to enjoy the scenery. If going in the middle of summer make sure that you get water when you can because there were places in my guide that were dried up. Overall a good hike when planned out.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Did all 84 miles in one trip, 5 nights and 6 days of hiking. One of my best solo trips. Loved it. Did it in mid Oct and the weather was perfect. Lots to hills, valleys, water crossing and great camp sites. Only saw 5 or 6 people all week. And other then the walk through Cross Forks I felt like I was in the backcountry most of the time. This is a must do if you like Pa backpacking. Lots of views and changes in environment. Started and finished in Ole Bull state part.

Friday, September 03, 2010

hiked in and back, 2 nites, 31 miles total. was kinda boring. Dry, warm and calm.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Like a walk through wonderland, especially when Mountain Laurel are in peak bloom...