Ironton Railroad Trail is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Whitehall Township, Pennsylvania that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.6 miles Elevation Gain: 275 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Easy with moderate slope

Love this trail. Def great for running, biking and walking. Great view of nature and homes in the area.

Beautiful views to see all along the way

Beautiful, well kept trail. was a pleasant discovery.

great trail for running and biking. loops and is paved. well kept too

This is a pet friendly trail along a creek/river and mostly paved paths. Benches along the trail to stop and breath in nature. Troy (my puppy) loved the trail. Especially along the river.

This is my absolute favorite trail. The scenery is gorgeous and you pass lots of history. I have done this trail multiple times and I never get sick of it.

Nice trail. Walked with a dog. Paved. Quiet and clean.

Very easy trail. Although it says less than 2 mile, I forgot to hit the record button. We actually did 4.28 mile. Our end point was also our starting point.

well maintained

Great trail

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Well-maintained, paved trail. Several road crossings, but they are mostly quiet streets with little traffic. Sunny in spots, shady in others. Several parks, benches, and points of interest. Good trail for families or casual bikers.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Very nice trail, easy, clean and well mainteined.

Friday, May 25, 2018

Really nice trail! Well maintained and beautiful scenery. Did the 10.6 miles and the terrain was good, no bumps or debris, very clean. There are nice benches and sitting areas throughout the entire trail. Enjoy! :)

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Had a nice walk with my sister. We saw a Red Robin; so cute! ❤️

Monday, June 19, 2017

I use this trail all the time. It's a nice easy trail to walk, run or bike.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

We hiked about 5 miles only, so we're definitely looking forward to going back when all the trees have leaves. I absolutely loved photographing the passenger car and abandoned structures.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

It's a great trail to walk, bike ride, and explore. Go off the main trail and you will find ruins of the old Thomas Iron Company, train stations, a quarry, and other unpaved trails closer to the Lehigh river.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

I love this trail. Today I walked out and back on the spur then continued on the loop. Total of 10 miles. Love seeing the early signs of Spring and so many people out enjoying the day. This is a great trail for all fitness levels.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Great for biking. Easy walking.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

fun and easy! pavements no stones. good for walking and biking.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Fun, well kept trail!

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Very nice for long walks/bike rides.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Directions lead us to the an off shoot trail which isn't a reflection of Ironton RT but once we got to it we were very underwhelmed. We will look elsewhere for family fun in the future.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Nice little trail especial good for locals. Moderate traffic mix of walkers, bike's and often people with pets. Most of trail is shaded with only grade to speak of near trail head. Will maintained. Looking forward to when the bridge construction is finished so trail detour is not needed.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Have only ridden this trail once with my 9 year old daughter & the Lehigh St bridge was out so our detour cut out some of the bike trail. Very nicely paved & clean; will have to hike actual trail at a later date.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Nice old historic trail that follows an old railroad. Plenty of interesting stone structures to be found. For anyone with a map the loop is more residential, but still a nice walk. A little more secluded and wooded if you take the s trails. All in all it's a beautiful use of this old industrial space.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pretty basic trail, but on a nice fall afternoon, still worth it.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Very nice bike ride but didn't realize until we were "halfway" that the trail is actually 9.2 miles. It was too late to turn back so we did the whole thing. Still very nice especially in this weather

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Really good trail for beginners or families with younger children.